View Full Version : Introduce a method to operate device without backlight

cyberhorse
07-25-2006, 06:26 AM
I found recently that my dopod 515 can be operated without backlight via NineWayKeypad software. I don't know if it is fit for other device. If you are interested in it, you can try it. The method is below:

Environment: TFT screen device and NineWayKeypad version 2.2 (http://inputshow.googlepages.com/ninewaykeypad.htm) software. You must have customized the NineWayKeypad so that a numeric key, numeric 1 for instance, can do left soft key function under navigation status of NineWayKeypad.

Steps: Wait for device into locking status, locking keypad or phone. You may also do it manually.
Click numeric 1 key to unlock. Of course, it must be under navigation status of NineWayKeypad. You can switch keypad status when device or keypad is being locked after NineWayKeypad v2.2.
Input character or characters according to the prompt on screen. Of course, the keypad must be switch to inputing mode (green rectangle icon on right up screen).
Last, to switch keypad back to navigation status again and click numeric 1 to complete unlocking process.
After step 4, the phone will keep displaying without backlight as long as you don't touch real left softkey.

To restore backlight, you only do to unlock keypad/phone by clicking real left softkey.

cyberhorse
07-25-2006, 09:23 AM
If you have installed AutoFlight software, you can make use of the Autolock & One Key Unlock function in AutoFlight to simplify the operating steps mentioned in first post so that you only do steps from step 1 to step 2 to enter operating without backlight status.

Rocco Augusto
07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
cyberhorse, you posted the same two post in multiple threads. spamming is not allowed. please refrain from spamming the board, one post is enough! :)

cyberhorse
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
cyberhorse, you posted the same two post in multiple threads. spamming is not allowed. please refrain from spamming the board, one post is enough! :)

Hi Rocco Augusto,

Excuse me, I broke the rule indeliberately. I just knew that it is not allowed. :)

Rocco Augusto
07-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Rocco Augusto,

Excuse me, I broke the rule indeliberately. I just knew that it is not allowed. :)

don't worry about it, just dont do it again ;) :lol: :P