View Full Version : Sync Outlook contacts with smartphone

Crotia
07-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi, I just purchased an MPX220 and I'm trying to sync my contacts from outlook.

In activesync there is not box to check to enable my contacts being synced and when I go into outlook and try to pull my contacts it says service does not exist.

My phone does connect because I can explore it but I want to be able to sync contacts because typing on a keypad is tedious

Any help would be great, thanks

Jerry Raia
07-25-2006, 12:47 AM
First, have you established a partnership or are you just connected as a guest?

Crotia
07-25-2006, 01:59 AM
My phone is "paired" if thats what you mean.

I had to enter a passcode on my phone and on my computer.

Jerry Raia
07-25-2006, 03:44 AM
Ok when you are looking at ActiveSync on your computer, does it say "Guest" or another name?

Mike Temporale
07-25-2006, 04:14 AM
My phone is "paired" if thats what you mean.

I had to enter a passcode on my phone and on my computer.

Have you installed ActiveSync? You'll need to install that software (from Microsoft) in order to sync information between your phone and your computer. It sounds to me like you've just paired the two over Bluetooth. That's one step, but you'll need to have ActiveSync running.

Crotia
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok when you are looking at ActiveSync on your computer, does it say "Guest" or another name?

I don't see guest or another name, but I do have the option "delete partnership" so I suppose my phone is partnered.

And yes, I do have AS.

Mike Temporale
07-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't see guest or another name, but I do have the option "delete partnership" so I suppose my phone is partnered.

And yes, I do have AS.

Right under the Sync button you should see a name in big font. It could be something like WM_.... or Guest or what have you.

Crotia
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
it just says MPX220, heres a screenshot

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenievf9.jpg

Mike Temporale
07-25-2006, 07:06 PM
it just says MPX220,

Cool. So you're not stuck in guest mode. :D

I noticed you're running Vista. I haven't installed that yet, but I know there has been a lot of talk around here about sync'ing with Vista. You might want to do a search and see what it turns up. I know Kris has done a lot of investigation in this area, and I think there is a sync issue with Vista - but that's only a guess. I can't recall 100%

Crotia
07-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Its not vista :P its just vista skin :)

I'm running WIN XP SP2 Home

TopDog
07-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Delete the partnership, upgrade to ActiveSync 4.2 (if you haven't already), sync with the USB cable and make sure Contacts are checked (should be by default) during the Partnership Wizard.

And you have Outlook 2002 or newer, right!?

Crotia
07-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Delete the partnership, upgrade to ActiveSync 4.2 (if you haven't already), sync with the USB cable and make sure Contacts are checked (should be by default) during the Partnership Wizard.

And you have Outlook 2002 or newer, right!?

No USB cable, I use bluetooth. And I have outlook 2003

Crotia
07-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I deleted partnership and nwo I can't sync my phone anymore :(

And I also think that AS isn't recognizing my outlook as being installed for some reason