View Full Version : Active Sync, Exchange Server and syncing Calendar

dochall
07-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I've been using 4smartphone for a while which has been very good. I have however got it to collect my pop3 mail from my box and leave it on the server so I could still download with a desktop instance of outlook. I've only been using 4smartphone for mail however and have kept calendar on the local instance of Outlook.

At the same time I'm working on a client site and have also been syncing calendar on that machine. So I end up an upto date calendar on both my home machine and the clients machine and my SP5.

This has been working fine but I have added a third machine, a new laptop to the party. Having decided I trusted 4smartphone, that 3rd machine to sync would be too much, and getting sick of the polling delay when using pop3 I set about my the hosted account my account of record. So I have converted my outlook on both of my machines to be Exchange rather than pop3.

This works well but I'm having now having problems with Activesync. What I want to do is continue to sync calendar with the client machine (most of meeting requests come from there) and sync it with the Exchange server so I get the same calendar on my home pc and laptop as I get on the client machine.

However AS seems to complain if I want to sync calendar with Exchange any other partner machine. Is this is a limiation of AS (ya boo sucks if it is) or am I doing something wrong?