View Full Version : Wireless network internet and cellular internet

johnlaska
07-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Working with a Sprint PPC6700 on Windows Mobile 5. I am trying to get the device to connect to the internet via the wireless network, when connected and through the Sprint service when the wireless network is not present. Is this possible? I have tried setting the wireless card to have a proxy, but this will not save. If I check the "This network connects to the Internet" box underneath the "My Work Network" connection, it simply unchecks itself after I hit OK.
I can get the wireless network connetion to connect to the internet, by changing the "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:" box to "My Work Network". However, once this is done the device will no longer connect through the Sprint service, until I change that box back to "Sprint".
Is there any way to move between the two seemlessly? I realize that Windows Mobile does not have the same capability as the desktop versions, but it would be nice to have multipule network connections active, and be able to set the metrics, such that it automatically uses the best connection method (even NT3.51 could do that).

Mike Temporale
07-20-2006, 01:42 AM
The Sprint PPC6700 is actually a Pocket PC device. You'll have better luck with your question on our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts (http://www.PocketPCThoughts.com) 8)