View Full Version : Ring Tone per Contact on SD card

jaredmt
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
:?: Hoping for some help on this one. By default, the external SD card is not allowed for ring tones. Tones are simply copied over. While RJV will allow you to use the SD card, this only applies to the default ring tone.
I want to be able to use MP3s on the SD card for "per contact" ring tones. Takes way too much space to do different tones for lots of contacts using internal memory.
Anyone either know of an app that will let you do this, or of a registry change that will tell the system to allow the SD card as a valid ringtone location????
At the minimum .. a registry editor w/ search functions?

Thanks!!

JT

Mike Temporale
07-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Are you running Windows Mobile 5? If so, I think you should be able to place them in the My Documents folder on the storage card and be done with it. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that is the way it was designed. If not, there is a registry hack posted on this site the other day that should do it.

jaredmt
07-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Win Mobile 5, yes. Sadly it just copies the chosen file from such locations and copies it into the main memory, standard directory.
I'll look for the registry hack .. do you happen to recall where it was posted??

Thanks!

JT