View Full Version : HTC Star Trek Multiple Line Tweak

Mike Temporale
07-14-2006, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=242936' target='_blank'>http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=242936</a><br /><br /></div>For all of you that managed to get your hands on HTCs latest Smartphone marvel, the Star Trek, you might be interested in this new registry tweak that allows you to easily toggle between lines.<br /><br />HKLM > System > State > Phone > MultiLine Capabilities > 1<br /><br />Done<br /><br />Press and Hold # to switch between Line 1 and Line 2<br /><br />I made the registry change on my SP5m, but I don't have multiple lines, so I can't say if it worked or not. Does anyone else want to give it a try and report back? <b>Note:</b> Standard registry editing warning applies. One wrong move and you could be looking at a hard reset for your device. ;)

Cattle-Dog
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm not following... How is this accomplished with out two SIMS? I've actually wanted to combine my work and personal phone for some time. I've looked at those shady devices that read in two SIMS and combine them into one, but there seems to always be drawbacks (like only one SIM profile can be active at a time).

Is this literally two lines? What is the other line? We've always had a "pseudo" two lines with most phone services via call waiting and 3-way calling, if you are talking about two lines on the same number. You don't have to connect the other two parties. ...although, I'm not sure you can easily switch back and forth independently.

Jerry Raia
07-14-2006, 04:58 PM
It works on my 2125. I do have 2 lines but the SIM card is only programed for 1 so when I try to dial from line 2 I get sent to a Cingular recording that says I can't call from that line. Also incomming calls specify which line the call is coming in on. In this case only line one. This tells me the darn thing works! Cingular CS doesn't know if that can be set up or how to even try it.

As a side note the tweak goes away after a reboot on my 2125. Just for grins I tried it on my 8125. It takes the tweak but there is no line indication that I could see and pressing # did nothing.

encece
07-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm not following... How is this accomplished with out two SIMS? I've actually wanted to combine my work and personal phone for some time. I've looked at those shady devices that read in two SIMS and combine them into one, but there seems to always be drawbacks (like only one SIM profile can be active at a time).

Is this literally two lines? What is the other line? We've always had a "pseudo" two lines with most phone services via call waiting and 3-way calling, if you are talking about two lines on the same number. You don't have to connect the other two parties. ...although, I'm not sure you can easily switch back and forth independently.

My understanding is that some european sim (like orange) have the ability to hold two phone numbers on one sim card. So you can have a personal number and a work number both on the same card....only one works at a time though.

BTW...that was MY tweak! :)

ARW
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
My understanding is that some european sim (like orange) have the ability to hold two phone numbers on one sim card. So you can have a personal number and a work number both on the same card....only one works at a time though.

BTW...that was MY tweak! :)

Another shortcoming in the US it sounds like. Cool idea that I would potentially use if it were possible with Cingular.

Jerry Raia
07-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Using the SIM manager in my 8125 I was actually able to see where the # is stored and there is room for 3 more. I added my other line but alas, it didn't do any good. :(

rkdiddy
07-14-2006, 11:49 PM
There is also a sim adapter that allows two sim cards to be used on one device. This might be an easy way to switch between the sims.

http://www.vavolo.com/Func_info.asp,Func_ID,32,Func_Name,SIM+Card+devices,,.htm