View Full Version : Creating a Group list in Contacts

sonicmoon
07-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I've gone through all of the phone settings, but I still don't find an option to create a Group list in Contacts in order to send a text message to that defined group. Am I missing something, or is this not a feature of the T-Mobile SDA? Thanks!

Mike Temporale
07-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Hrm... Not that I can think of. You can add multiple people to a text message, but I don't see how you can create a group of people to add. That would be a nice feature. :?

sonicmoon
07-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Both of my last phones, Sony Ericsson and Nokia, offered that capability. Create a group, then add contacts to it, and when sending a text message just send it to that group. Voila... nice n easy.

I found that I could add multiple recipients to a text message by going through the tedious process of "menu, add recipient, select name, then repeat with all of the contacts to include in that txt message.
I use text messaging for shooting out group info to work associates, and having a predefined group greatly cuts down on time.

I wonder if I can simply create a contact entry named "workgroup" and add all of the contacts phone numbers into the mobile number field. ? hmm...

Okay.. I just tried that and when separated by semicolons (not commas) it works!