View Full Version : How to Hide Number on SDA

mambi.macho
06-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi,

How can I hide my number when making calls (I mean other than Settings-> Phone -> Caller ID -> Provide my caller ID to None )

ditch_azeroth
06-28-2006, 09:00 AM
this feature entirely depends on which service/network you are using. if you are using cingular, you might want to direct that question to cingular... something like that ^_^

Mike Temporale
06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I didn't think there was any other way to control it than in the settings. If your carrier still wants to display it, I don't think there is anything you can do. But, what do I know. I've never attempted, so... ;)

mambi.macho
06-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I am sure it is not service specific. I had a sony ericsson T610 and a motorola v330 before this phone and service was T-Mobile. Both had the option to hide the number. I would select a contact from the list and hit the menu key and I will have 'Hide' as an option.

I just don't know how to do it in SDA. Essentially, this can be achieved by prefixing *67 to the number. But doing it each time I want the feature is a pain.

May be someone can suggest a registry tweak that will add this option to the menu and when you select it, the phone will automatically prefix *67 and then dial.

Mike Temporale
06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I am sure it is not service specific. I had a sony ericsson T610 and a motorola v330 before this phone and service was T-Mobile. Both had the option to hide the number. I would select a contact from the list and hit the menu key and I will have 'Hide' as an option.

I just don't know how to do it in SDA. Essentially, this can be achieved by prefixing *67 to the number. But doing it each time I want the feature is a pain.

May be someone can suggest a registry tweak that will add this option to the menu and when you select it, the phone will automatically prefix *67 and then dial.

Oh, you want it on a per-contact basis. No. There's nothing built-in to do that. But if you really want to hide your number from those people just edit the number to have in their contact card. Instead of (123) 456-7890 put in *67,1234567890 That should do the trick.