View Full Version : "the program cannot start..."

segahekui
06-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi guys, just got my 2125 today and I was trying to get some new apps, but when i tried to use some, i got the error message "the program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate". I read that it has to do with the phone being application locked, so i unlocked it but it still says the same thing.. am i missing something? or did i just not unlock it right?
-thanks

Mike Temporale
06-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, you're getting that message because the application is not signed. In order for that message to be removed the developer has to pay for a digital certificate (which would cost around $500+). Most do not do this for a number of reasons. One of them being the cost to re-sign the application is no different than the original amount. So a simple bug fix would have them paying all over again.

As long as you feel safe in the source of that program, just press yes. You need to be a little more concerned if you A) never started an install and that appeared on your device, B) download a application from a questionable URL, C) downloaded an application from a questionable developer.

What program is it, btw?

segahekui
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
it is pocketsnes and pocktTV that ive gotten the error on. There is no yes or no button either, it simply says the error and has an "ok" button that does not start it.

Mike Temporale
06-27-2006, 12:53 AM
it is pocketsnes and pocktTV that ive gotten the error on. There is no yes or no button either, it simply says the error and has an "ok" button that does not start it.

Sounds like you might have grabed the Pocket PC versions. Are you sure you're installing the Smartphone version?