View Full Version : question on Papyrus

mark35l83
06-09-2006, 11:44 PM
when adding a new appmnt, when selection "insert contact", all 900+contacts show up. Anyway to scroll to a letter directly without scrolling through all 900+ names?

Mike Temporale
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Just use the keypad. It supports SmartDial so it works just like finding a contact you want to call. 8)

As a suggestion, you might want to be a little more descriptive on the subject line in your posts. ;)

mark35l83
06-10-2006, 01:13 PM
i am trying to set a new appmnt. when i go to the first subject field there is the option of "insert text" or "insert contact". when i select instert contact all my contacts are listed and i can select the appropriate one to insert. problem is there are over 900 contacts to scroll thru and there is no way (at least that i know about) to enter the first few letters to limit the searching process like u can do in the main contacts button on the home screen. any suggestions would be great.

amitregev
06-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi mark35l83 :)

I'm guessing that you are using a Moto Q device, right? The reason that I'm assuming this is because that this is a common question for the Q users (you will soon see why... :) ).

When you choose the option to "Add contact" to one of the text fields when creating/editing an appointment or task, apart from scrolling to the contact that you are looking for, which I agree can take ages when you have +500 contacts on your device, you can also perform a 'sequence search' action to locate the contact that you are looking for. This works exactly as the default contacts search tool that comes with the Smartphone OS.

The problem on Q devices that their keyboard sends the software letter values by default and not numeric values. The second problem is that the current version of Papyrus still doesn't include special support for the Q devices and for the Q keyboard input method that comes with it, and therefore the searching utility on the Contact insertion dialog was designed with a numeric keyboard in mind only without thinking on the new letters keyboard that was introduced with the Q device.

To get this working for you in the meanwhile, you simply need to switch to numeric keyboard (I believe this is done using the Alt key on the Q devices, right?) and then you will be able to search for a contact on the Contact insertion dialog :)

Apart from this solution, which is of course temporary solution, we are also working to complete a new Papyrus update these days that should be ready for release in a few days now and working to get this section compatible with the Q keyboard input too, so this will work as it should for you with the upcoming update.

The upcoming update will also include lots of great improvements for the Q users and all users apart from this one of course - which should be out in about a week from now :beer:

Please let me know if this info indeed helped with your situation :)