View Full Version : Moto Q just got a story on the public radio show "Marketplace"

shindullin
06-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Marketplace is a really big business radio show. The MotoQ story was about both the new phone and the way Moto is changing the way it does business. It was short but interesting. Apparently, they changed everything about the way they design phones when they made the Q.

Kris Kumar
06-09-2006, 03:10 AM
On a similar note - I saw the Q on the CNBC - On the Money show. They showed the Q store in Chicago downtown. They even had Walt Mossberg pop in to comment about how the design is cool but the software is lousy.

From the looks of the Q store, it looks like Motorola is aiming big.

Mike Temporale
06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Ah, good old Walt. Nothing really new there, eh!

The PocketTV Team
06-16-2006, 01:09 AM
The Motorola would have been a great device if it was a Pocket PC Phone.

Unfortunately, it is a Smartphone, which means that even though it has a keyboard, it is missing some critical MS Office applications (Word, Excel). This is a shame. It only has email, PIE, calendar and address-book.

Of course people can purchase third party apps to replace those, but in such a device, you would expect at least to be able to edit a plain-text file. nope...

Another problem - general to all Windows Mobile devices - is that the Windows Mobile Messaging (eMail) application has some critical features missing, making it very hard to use with some IMAP4 accounts (e.g. you cannot indicate the remote root directory where your imap folder are located on your server).

The good parts is that it has a nice camera, a good 320x240 display, a built-in file manager, and a reasonnably fast processor allowing 30 fps video, and it is slim and seems to have a good battery life.

Good luck figuring out how to lock the keyboard, adjust the volume or enter a symbol not on the keyboard (i found the answers in the Motorola Q Wiki (http://www.motoqwiki.com/index.php?title=Motorola_Q_Wiki)).

It might not be a very good device for gaming due to some GAPI issues (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=ST&f=199&t=241988&st=0).

Pete Paxton
06-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Do you know of a program that can replace word mobile? I haven't seen anything compatible yet.

Mike Temporale
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Do you know of a program that can replace word mobile? I haven't seen anything compatible yet.

Orneta's Notepad? But it doesn't support word docs. :?