View Full Version : Hello World!

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Recently Smartphone Thoughts took me on as a Contributing Editor for the site and I wanted to jump out there and introduce myself to everyone! For those of you who do not know me, my name is Rocco Augusto, though some of you might remember me as the witty and handsome optikalsaint. I am a territory manager for a Cingular Wireless premier dealer out of Portland, OR., with three stores under my belt and several more along the way. Joining the site in May 2005, I have spent the last year offering support for Cingular related inquiries as well as general Smartphone related questions that have sprung up.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/augusto_20060602-rocco.jpg
(witty and handsome, eat your hearts out ladies!)

When not dabbling in the realm of cellular technology or trying to preach the word of the good book of Microsoft, you can usually find me tinkering with my Home Theater PCs or writing tutorials to help out the community, such as my video conversion guide (http://smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8665). I'm really excited for the opportunity to be a part of this site and I want to say thank you to the Smartphone Thoughts News Team for bringing me on!

Darius Wey
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the Thoughts team, Rocco. Nice tat. ;)

edgar
06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
witty and handsome

Who's the picture of then? :)

Congrats Opti - thank god the skull keeps the head from expanding too much :twisted: I look forward to your new insights, keepign Jerry/Mike/Kris in check and the continued growth of nerdofsteel.com.

Darius,
The ink is fake! I saw the exact thing in DisneyWorld being sold at the end of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. It's stick on! He wears em to attract the ladies and sell handsets. :wink:

Jason Dunn
06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the team Rocco! Don't brag too much though, or we'll all mock you. ;-)

edgar
06-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the team Rocco! Don't brag too much though, or we'll all mock you. ;-)

TOO LATE! Was I supposed to wait?

-Edgar

Pete Paxton
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
You look to young to be an editor :lol: *wait* my wife just walked by and said "Oh honey, the problem isn't that he looks to young - you're just beginning to look old" :cry: Anyway, welcome to the team, you've already helped me a couple of times.

Mike Temporale
06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the team! It's great to have you onboard. 8)

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2006, 05:46 PM

:lol: i had to brag a little bit, i mean this is the best smartphone website in the universe ;)

You look to young to be an editor :lol: *wait* my wife just walked by and said "Oh honey, the problem isn't that he looks to young - you're just beginning to look old" :cry: Anyway, welcome to the team, you've already helped me a couple of times.

pfft, tell her you dont look old and i just moisturize very well ;)

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
witty and handsome

Who's the picture of then? :)

Congrats Opti - thank god the skull keeps the head from expanding too much :twisted: I look forward to your new insights, keepign Jerry/Mike/Kris in check and the continued growth of nerdofsteel.com.

i dunno about keeping mike and kris in line, theyre pretty good. its that jerry fellow and his one man crusade to kill portable media, now that guy is trouble ;) :P

Darius,
The ink is fake! I saw the exact thing in DisneyWorld being sold at the end of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. It's stick on! He wears em to attract the ladies and sell handsets. :wink:

if you keep telling everyone my secret then everyone will have fake inked arms ;)

Janak Parekh
06-05-2006, 06:04 PM
its that jerry fellow and his one man crusade to kill portable media, now that guy is trouble ;) :P
I'm still trying to figure out who looks more badass in pictures, you or Jerry. ;)

Welcome to the team, Rocco!

--janak

Darius Wey
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Rocco, it just occurred to me. You look a lot like Vin Diesel. Are you sure you don't live a secret stunt double life when Vin can't handle his gadgets? ;)

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/13148/RoccoVin.jpg

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Rocco, it just occurred to me. You look a lot like Vin Diesel. Are you sure you don't live a secret stunt double life when Vin can't handle his gadgets?

just call me triple R ;)

Mike Temporale
06-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Rocco, it just occurred to me. You look a lot like Vin Diesel. Are you sure you don't live a secret stunt double life when Vin can't handle his gadgets? ;)

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/13148/RoccoVin.jpg

8O You guys look like twins. I tihnk you just need to shave the top a little closer, and star in a couple more movies. ;)

Jerry Raia
06-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the team, it's good to see the west coast now dominates this site.

its that jerry fellow and his one man crusade to kill portable media, now that guy is trouble ;) :P

I'll make you see the light! 8)

I'm still trying to figure out who looks more badass in pictures, you or Jerry. ;)

We both do, I'm just saltier. :lol:

Jon Westfall
06-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Rocco, Great to have you on the Thoughts team! I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the Editorial Staff here at SPT!

Rocco Augusto
06-05-2006, 10:22 PM

and im more diesel'r ;)

Kris Kumar
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard Rocco!

i dunno about keeping mike and kris in line, theyre pretty good.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :D

edgar
06-06-2006, 12:27 AM
[I'm still trying to figure out who looks more badass in pictures, you or Jerry. ;)

That's easy - Jason of course. Who's more badass than Spiderman?

edgar
06-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Rocco

if you keep telling everyone my secret then everyone will have fake inked arms

They ran out of the good ink sets when I got off the ride. Some how the tigger and pooh gauntlet I got didn't work The girls just pointed and laughed. :( :oops:

Pete Paxton
06-06-2006, 03:55 AM
I don't know about the pics but "Rocco Augusto"? What a badass name! I just said it three times and I swear I can feel my testosterone level increasing :D More hairs on my chest too, my wife will love that :lol:

Janak Parekh
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
That's easy - Jason of course. Who's more badass than Spiderman?
Well, I was basing it on actual pictures, not avatars. By avatar metrics, Jason's PPCT avatar might win. ;)

--janak

edgar
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Janak,

So after Jason said all that nice stuff about you in the Birthday note ( Happy Bday old man) you are now inferring that your boss isn't badass looking in real life and looks like a weenor? :twisted:

Jerry Raia
06-07-2006, 04:01 AM

and im more diesel'r ;)

You are actually, though I get that I look like him alot too, to which I reply, "Yeah 50 pounds and 30 years ago" :lol:

Jerry Raia
06-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Rocco

if you keep telling everyone my secret then everyone will have fake inked arms

They ran out of the good ink sets when I got off the ride. Some how the tigger and pooh gauntlet I got didn't work The girls just pointed and laughed. :( :oops:

You guys are gonna make my flash my tats if you dont stop!

Mike Temporale
06-07-2006, 04:07 AM

I'm starting to feel left out here. Where can I get the Smartphone Thoughts tat? :? :lol:

Jerry Raia
06-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Where can I get the Smartphone Thoughts tat? :? :lol:

Now that's dedication. :D

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 04:27 AM
So after Jason said all that nice stuff about you in the Birthday note ( Happy Bday old man) you are now inferring that your boss isn't badass looking in real life and looks like a weenor?
If I had to describe Jason, I'd say he's a pretty mellow Canadian in person. ;) Jason certainly doesn't fit the badass type... except for his online persona when he needs to. :lol:

--janak

Jerry Raia
06-07-2006, 04:31 AM
So after Jason said all that nice stuff about you in the Birthday note ( Happy Bday old man) you are now inferring that your boss isn't badass looking in real life and looks like a weenor?
If I had to describe Jason, I'd say he's a pretty mellow Canadian in person. ;) Jason certainly doesn't fit the badass type... except for his online persona when he needs to. :lol:

--janak

Now hold on, Jason embarrassed and humiliated me so much once, because I left out a ", that I had to go to therapy for months. I still have a twitch too. :scatter:

Kris Kumar
06-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Now hold on, Jason embarrassed and humiliated me so much once, because I left out a ", that I had to go to therapy for months. I still have a twitch too. :scatter:

Jerry, you are scaring the newbie! :lol:

Jerry Raia
06-07-2006, 04:50 AM

Oh it gets worse! Jason tried to turn me into a newt!

Darius Wey
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM

I'm starting to feel left out here. Where can I get the Smartphone Thoughts tat? :? :lol:

Go on! Do it Peter Moore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Moore_(Microsoft)) style! :lol:

Mike Temporale
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
If I had to describe Jason, I'd say he's a pretty mellow Canadian in person. ;) Jason certainly doesn't fit the badass type...

Yup. Sounds like the rest of us Canucks. ;)

Mike Temporale
06-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Go on! Do it Peter Moore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Moore_(Microsoft)) style! :lol:

8O Now that is dedication to your job

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Yup. Sounds like the rest of us Canucks. ;)
Yes, you're pretty mellow too. :lol: Except when it comes to Smartphone file sync. I think that's the one time you got seriously animated during the Summit talks... ;)

--janak

Mike Temporale
06-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes, you're pretty mellow too. :lol: Except when it comes to Smartphone file sync. I think that's the one time you got seriously animated during the Summit talks... ;)

:mrgreen: That, and the location of "Time" in Call History. :evil:

Kris Kumar
06-08-2006, 01:39 AM
:mrgreen: That, and the location of "Time" in Call History. :evil:

I am glad you lost your cool! How many Windows Mobile releases does it take to move one row up.

And who designed the new Contacts page.

Mike Temporale
06-08-2006, 01:20 PM
I am glad you lost your cool! How many Windows Mobile releases does it take to move one row up.

Trust me on this; You don't want to know the answer to that question. :?

Rocco Augusto
06-08-2006, 09:39 PM

Oh it gets worse! Jason tried to turn me into a newt!

i dunno how i missed this ;)

oh man, now im gonna have three different people check my work. the last thing i want to be is a newt, then i would have to spend hundreds getting all my pants hemmed down :(

also i would happily sport an SPT tat if someone wanted to buy it for me, i can take a que from all those ebayers and start selling space on my body for jason to logo me up ;)

Jerry Raia
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
last thing i want to be is a newt

I wasn't pretty I tell ya!

edgar
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
How appropro - Opti's thread being hijacked into a completly separate tangent!

HO HO HO! :lol: