View Full Version : Make Money and Provide Valuable Feedback on Windows Mobile with Smart M:Panel from M:Metrics

Mike Temporale
05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.modaco.com/content/mobilepanel.php?id=33581' target='_blank'>http://www.modaco.com/content/mobilepanel.php?id=33581</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Smart M:Panel is an influential new research panel created by M:Metrics to measure Windows Mobile Smartphone / Symbian smartphone / Pocket PC feature usage. Being a panelist is easy and safe! Research software, completely transparent to the end user, automatically measures mobile phone activity, eliminating the need to fill out detailed surveys each month. ...When you install the Smart M:Panel software to your device, and after the application has made it's first upload of data, M:Metrics send you a cheque for £15 (UK) or $15 (USA)! But it doesn't stop there... as long as you keep the application installed, you will earn £5 (UK) or $5 (USA) per month, paid by cheque every 6 months."</i><br /><br />So, you love Windows Mobile devices and you want to make them better. Here's a simple way that you can help and even make a little money on the side. $15 to start, and $5 a month for each month after. That's some pretty easy money. Follow <a href="http://www.modaco.com/content/mobilepanel.php?id=33581">this link</a> over to MoDaCo and you'll find all the answers and information you need to get started. :)

Rocco Augusto
05-29-2006, 07:51 PM
The Smart M:Panel software records usage of various mobile phone features - email, web browsing, games, etc. - and securely returns the data to M:Metrics without interfering with the normal use of your phone. The application has no user interface... it's truly 'install and forget'!

the whole thing sounded great until i read that and it hit me and i realized that the program is pretty much keeping logs of what i do. honestly, i wouldnt recommend this if you had any sort of confidential data on your phone or if you were concerned about privacy.

the whole things seems fishy to me 8O

Mike Temporale
05-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Good point. It's not looking at your data. It's looking at the features that you use. Microsoft (and others) pay to have studies done on how people use devices. They want to know if people actually use feature x or y, or if they should move a program from here to there. You would be shocked to see the extent of the studies they do. This is just another way for them to capture that data. They're just looking to see what features you take advantage of and not what you do with them. ;)

Rocco Augusto
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
...They're just looking to see what features you take advantage of and not what you do with them. ;)

alright, but only cause i trust you ;) :P

Davka
05-30-2006, 11:39 AM
This is for US and UK residents only?

Mike Temporale
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
This is for US and UK residents only?

Correct.

Jerry Raia
05-31-2006, 01:00 AM
the whole things seems fishy to me 8O

I have to agree. I have seen this thing before. The devil is in the details. :twisted:

Mike Temporale
05-31-2006, 01:27 AM
I have to agree. I have seen this thing before. The devil is in the details. :twisted:

I should have known that you wouldn't trust it. Jerry needs his tin foil hat before he goes out doors. :lol: ;)

Nah, it's harmless. If Paul from MoDaCo is behind it, then I'm pretty sure it's not a scam. :wink:

Jerry Raia
05-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Not so much that I think it's a scam, it's just a lot of sharing. A little tin foil can be a good thing! :P

Rocco Augusto
05-31-2006, 03:09 AM
...A little tin foil can be a good thing! :P

yep, if it wasnt for foil then baked potatoes wouldnt taste as great :)