View Full Version : title bar clock

psohl
05-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I've found that I'd like to keep my wm5 smartphone pretty trim, not too many extra apps installed. However, one thing I'm missing from my former PPC is a clock in the title bar. I've only found one application that can do this ("MyTools" from Micro Cheng). He's pretty specific that there are seperate versions for smartphone 2002 & 2003. I'm reluctant to try on my wm5 smartphone. Anyone know if this would be safe to install, or if there's another app out there that can do this? Specifically, I'm looking for a clock in the title bar that shows when running other apps. Thanks for any help or comments...

Jerry Raia
05-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I would be a bit reluctant to try it since there is no way to back up our phones yet. I'm thinking it messes with the registry to get the clock up there. Not sure though. Maybe some brave soul knows out there. :)

ditch_azeroth
05-30-2006, 04:40 AM
im pretty sure that the app will do fine, though i cannot vouch for it. anyway, i think sprite already came out with a wm5 version of their backup utility. you might want to check on that before doing so.

but if it's a clock in the titlebar that you want, just install xbar. that'll do the trick ^_^

Jerry Raia
05-30-2006, 04:48 AM
i think sprite already came out with a wm5 version of their backup utility.

Not yet for the Smartphone.

ditch_azeroth
05-31-2006, 10:26 AM
really? i haven't tried this yet but check this out http://mobilitytoday.com/news/005823/sprite_backup_beta

still beta though... :(

Mike Temporale
05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
really? i haven't tried this yet but check this out http://mobilitytoday.com/news/005823/sprite_backup_beta

still beta though... :(

That's for the Pocket PC, and it's out of beta now.

Sprite has been very poor with it's customer support and response to Windows Mobile 5. They've had access to it for more than a year, and they still don't have a Smartphone client available. It took a long time for the Pocket PC client to be released. If you check out their forums, you will see repeated requests for and promises from sprite to deliver a Smartphone client.