View Full Version : Cingular Intros 'Tattoos' for RAZR/SLVR

Jerry Raia
05-18-2006, 02:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2006/05/17/motorola-phone-tattoo' target='_blank'>http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2006/05/17/motorola-phone-tattoo</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Cingular Wireless and Motorola are promoting user-customized stickers designed to modify the look of the RAZR and SLVR. Using ink-jet printable stickers and software from Motorola, owners of either handset can further customize the look of their phone beyond the current colors offered. Blanks come in a four pack, but if you're not artistic there is also another option. Two different packs of pre-made tattoos are offered..."</i><br /><br />This is the kind of thing that happens when one has way too much time on ones hands. I'm not surprised that Motorola is doing this as they have no shame. I am a bit surprised that Cingular is part of it. What's next? RAZR lunch boxes and coloring books?

freitasm
05-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Personalisation is one of the biggest revenue generators for mobile operators: background images, ringtones, MMS backdrops, etc. Even vinyl skins (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=6275).

They are in the business of making money...

edgar
05-18-2006, 03:37 AM
If this was April 1 I'd call this fake :rotfl:

Revenue generator or not, this is cheesy - you'll wear the sucker out in no time and spend another $10?

Mike Temporale
05-18-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm all for customization and personalization, but I don't think it's something that Moto should be wasting it's time on. Wouldn't it be better for them to focus on making the devices and letting and 3rd party/aftermarket crowd take care of this stuff?

Mike Temporale
05-18-2006, 03:41 AM
Personalisation is one of the biggest revenue generators for mobile operators: background images, ringtones, MMS backdrops, etc. Even vinyl skins (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=6275).

Now that looks cool. Too bad they don't offer anything for HTC Smartphones. 8)

Rocco Augusto
05-18-2006, 07:43 AM
...coloring books?

please!

Mike Temporale
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
...coloring books?

please!

Well the lunch boxes would be a waste. "New! Ultra small and thin lunch box. The slimmest lunch box on the market holding just one 3" pancake." :lol:

aarcam
05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I could send them my old Empire Strikes Back lunch box with Yoda thermos as a blue-print for upcoming models. That is essentially what they are doing, regurgitating, rehashing, and reassembling old ideas, then putting stickers on it.

I can only imagine the meeting when the came up with that beauty of an idea…

RAZR meeting # 1,342.
Big Boss, ‘We have to keep this RAZR thing going ladies and gentlemen. What do you have Johnson?’
Johnson replies, ‘Well, er we have a Neapolitan RAZR made up of all the left over pieces of the Pink, Black and Silver RAZRs and will sell them at 500% mark-up.
Big Boss scowls.
Johnson continues, ‘ We also have a sticker pack. Not only will it allow users to customize thier RAZR it will also trap dirt and pocket lint like no ones buisness. Customers will thank us for their cleaner pockets and purses.
An elated Big Boss interjects, ‘This is what we have been waiting for! This will surely prolong the RAZR fad into the next month! Brilliant….
*fade to black*

guapoharry
05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
RAZR meeting # 1,342.
Big Boss, ‘We have to keep this RAZR thing going ladies and gentlemen. What do you have Johnson?’
Johnson replies, ‘Well, er we have a Neapolitan RAZR made up of all the left over pieces of the Pink, Black and Silver RAZRs and will sell them at 500% mark-up.
Big Boss scowls.
Johnson continues, ‘ We also have a sticker pack. Not only will it allow users to customize thier RAZR it will also trap dirt and pocket lint like no ones buisness. Customers will thank us for their cleaner pockets and purses.
An elated Big Boss interjects, ‘This is what we have been waiting for! This will surely prolong the RAZR fad into the next month! Brilliant….
*fade to black*You joke but I believe this is precisely what marketing bozos come up with.

Cingular in particular is going out of their way to prolong the original RAZR legacy, prior to introduction of the V3i and/or V3x. Sell, sell, sell!! Then, when people are sick of the damn thing: LOOK! The new shiny V3i or V3x :shocked!: Your old RAZR is no good anymore.

The RAZR is a Smartphone?

edgar
05-18-2006, 06:24 PM
The argument goes back and forth.

"Smartphone" is not a Microsoft only term. Nokia has "Smartphones" - Symbian develops "Smartphones", as does Microsoft.

RAZR is NOT a Windows Mobile Smartphone. It may be considered a Smartphone compared to.... ok what am I saying, It's Moto Razr - Its A Moto DumbPhone.

Mike Temporale
05-18-2006, 07:11 PM

"Smartphone" is not a Microsoft only term. Nokia has "Smartphones" - Symbian develops "Smartphones", as does Microsoft.

RAZR is NOT a Windows Mobile Smartphone. It may be considered a Smartphone compared to.... ok what am I saying, It's Moto Razr - Its A Moto DumbPhone.

Actually, Nokia doesn't have Smartphones they have smartphones. ;) There is a category of phones called "smartphones" and there is a brand of Windows Mobile phones called "Smartphones". Did you notice the difference. S &lt;> s

Are we confused yet? :wink:

edgar
05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Oh PULEEZE :)

Like Microsoft will be able to brand the name. UGH!

Rocco Augusto
05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
actually i was just talking to my rep, the motorola razr with itunes (i think the v3i) should be out at the end of summer. keep an eye out for it because everyone knows we all need to spend 400 bucks to only carry 100 songs on us

Sven Johannsen
05-18-2006, 07:58 PM

Actually, Nokia doesn't have Smartphones they have smartphones. ;) There is a category of phones called "smartphones" and there is a brand of Windows Mobile phones called "Smartphones". Did you notice the difference. S &lt;> s

Are we confused yet? :wink:No not at all. No one has any legal handle on Smartphone, with an S . So anyone can call whatever they want a Smartphone. PALM can even call a PPCPE a Smartphone. I don't think the confusion is "s" or "S", but rather what makes a phone smart. Proper or not.

edgar
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Opti is gonna order some of these for his RAZR.

He's all about Phone Ink. After he gets his RAZR Inked he'll have to update his avie. :rotfl:

Jerry Raia
05-18-2006, 11:57 PM
actually i was just talking to my rep, the motorola razr with itunes (i think the v3i) should be out at the end of summer. keep an eye out for it because everyone knows we all need to spend 400 bucks to only carry 100 songs on us

Just what we all need.

edgar
05-19-2006, 12:18 AM
ooohh the V3i with a mauve musical note skin. Jerry would be the envy of everybody in LA. Britney would swoon over him.

Rocco Augusto
05-19-2006, 09:27 AM
ooohh the V3i with a mauve musical note skin. Jerry would be the envy of everybody in LA. Britney would swoon over him.

im gonna see what i can do about getting jerry a mauve 2125 tattoo for his phone :lol:

Jerry Raia
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
You guys are just too thoughtful. :lol:

edgar
05-19-2006, 02:30 PM
These are custom printed, yes? Opti - scan your gauntlet ink and make matching Phone Ink! All the Harley dudes will think you are so cool.