View Full Version : Have you seen this article!!!

servoisgod
05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
This is an article that I came across today:
Who Designed This Crap? Smart Phones Stink, PDA Phones Rule
http://www.mobilityguru.com/2006/05/16/who_designed_this_crap/

This guy has no idea :)

1. The Motorola V557 nor the Razr are Smartphone’s?

2. Predictive text (to me) is faster then typing on one of those little QWERTY keyboards.

3. “All that multiple pressing of the numeric keys required to get the letter you want. You press the "4" key once for a "G", twice for an "H" and three times for an "I". Choosing between upper and lower case and numbers is a nightmare.” FALSE. Pretty much every phone today the uppercase option for any letter is the “*” button.

4. Canned messages can be whatever you want…they can be modified. However I still never use them anyways.

5. “I've given up responding to email on the V557. When I'm carrying only it, I read my email and wait to reply until I get to my Blackberry, my Sony wireless WAN enabled laptop or my home brewed desktop computer.” I’m kind of the same way here. Anything important needs to be done at a real system. But it is nice to have the option to send a full email on my “SmartPhone”.

6. “Finally, I really love the key on the right on Motorola phones with the little red phone receiver and a power symbol below it. Who would ever guess that you can not only hang up calls with the key, but also turn the phone off and, ahem, turn it on.” Hmm, not to sure, is this the first phone this person has ever had? I believe that the red button also has the universal symbol for power on it?

7. “Compare how my Blackberry/Exchange system works to the way most smart phones do email, contacts and calendar information. At worst you connect to your email server using the POP3 protocol, which doesn't allow for synchronization between your phone and the server. At best you can use the IMAP protocol, which does allow for two way synchronization of email.” Again, this would be true for a Motorola V557 or Razr…not a SmartPhone.

8. “This is a bit to the side, but when I get a missed call or voice mail message, it shows up in my Blackberry inbox and I can call back or check my voice mail right then and there. On the V557, I have to mess with those horrid navigation keys to go to my voice mail inbox, which is different from my text messaging inbox, which is different from my email inbox.” Again, has this guy ever used a cell phone? Hold down the “1” button… (What’s that little voicemail icon doing on that button…oh that’s right, it’s for voicemail?)

9. The rest of his article he mentions real SmartPhones, but then he starts to talk about Cingular’s customer service and I think we can all agree that there customer service isn’t really any kind of service :)

Mobility Guru…maybe they should rethink that statement?

You should read some of the discussion on this one. :)

Later,
Aaron

Mike Temporale
05-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Seems like he's more than a little confused. Instead of taking a step back and understanding the technology a little better, he's decided to rant about it and in the end he ends up look like a fool.

I wonder what would happen if someone put a Q in his hands. Seeing as it has all the same features plus more than the BB. I'm sure he would still find something to complain about.

I also like his power button comments. It's not Motorola was the first and only to do this. It's actually very common. Although, I do agree, it's not the right place for the power button.

ditch_azeroth
05-18-2006, 06:49 AM
ditto. that guy has no clue :lol: