View Full Version : The best of the flip phones...

jgordner
05-16-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm just getting my feet wet in this smartphone pool and I'm looking for a place to start my research. I want a flip smartphone and I'm just wondering which ones would be worth taking a look at, and which you think are the best.

Thanks a bundle!

Mike Temporale
05-16-2006, 11:34 AM
There's only 1 Windows Mobile Smartphone right now - HTC's Star Trek and it isn't even fully avaialble yet. You could always go with the MPx-220 but there was lots of problems with that device.

edgar
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Mike

two of em

Don't forget the Pantech (not US though, but then, neither is str-trk, yet)

Mike Temporale
05-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Don't forget the Pantech (not US though, but then, neither is str-trk, yet)

Is the PanTech shipping already? I didn't think it was. But, I could be confused. It wouldn't be the first time. ;)

There's also some Mitac Mio's but they haven't done much since Windows Mobile 2003. :(

jgordner
05-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Apparently the ASUS P305 is coming in June...

edgar
05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
The P305 is UMTS data based. That technology is not widely available in the US, and probably won't be. ATT/Cingular rolled it out in San Francisco, Dallas and a few other cities a year or so ago - and hasn't expanded the program. Its been discussed that they will simply skip over UMTS and instead install HSPDA directly.

Also, Asus has been a bit problematic with their phones as a whole. the P505 was a Treo knockoff that never really worked well.