View Full Version : 500 POSTS!

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
i know this prolly isnt exciting to anyone else but im pretty jazzed about it. i was hoping to hit this last week but having surgery and being all loopy from pain meds prevented me from making any post :lol:

so low and behold, 500 POSTS!

im excitied, i feel like im a part of the community now :lol:

before i was just the funny man but 500 post, that like a commitment or something ;)

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Congratulations! You are now officially an SPT Senior Citizen! :lol: The wisdom, the gray hair, the strained fingers, the strained eyes...

FYI: Out of 40723 posts, 500 are yours. And we around 4683 registered users. You can do the math, or better draw some pie-charts. :lol:

I am trying to maintain my lead and ensure that Jerry doesn't overtake me. :) :twisted:

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Congratulations! You are now officially an SPT Senior Citizen! :lol: The wisdom, the gray hair, the strained fingers, the strained eyes...

FYI: Out of 40723 posts, 500 are yours. And we around 4683 registered users. You can do the math, or better draw some pie-charts. :lol:

I am trying to maintain my lead and ensure that Jerry doesn't overtake me. :) :twisted:

i never thought of it that way, im a rockstar! woohoo! now i feel like i need a nap though ;)

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 01:38 AM

i never thought of it that way, im a rockstar! woohoo! now i feel like i need a nap though ;)

EDIT: 504! :)

EDIT 2: im number 8 in post!

Mike Temporale
05-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Congratulations! It's nice to know you love us so. :lol:

Here's another way to look at it, right now, you're #8 in the top ten posters on the site. 9 more posts and you'll overtake Robert Levy in the #7 position.

Mike Temporale
05-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey.... at some point in the last couple days I passed the 7000 post marker. Wow, and I didn't even notice until now. :oops: :lol:

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Hey.... at some point in the last couple days I passed the 7000 post marker. Wow, and I didn't even notice until now. :oops: :lol:

awesome, youre totally more committed then me. so whens the wedding? ;) :lol:

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 02:22 AM
not only am i number 8, i think i either just passed or am coming close to my one year SPT birthday! im the fastest growing poster this side of the SPT boards :lol:

Mike Temporale
05-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Hey! You're right. 1 year will be on May28th. That's pretty impressive.

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 03:00 AM
not only am i number 8, i think i either just passed or am coming close to my one year SPT birthday! im the fastest growing poster this side of the SPT boards :lol:

Didn't notice that..pretty cool..awesome feat.

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 04:17 AM
eh, what can i say. im a talker. my new slogan is going is be "opti, derailing post topics since 2005 ;)"

edgar
05-14-2006, 08:05 AM
There's multiple reasons he has 500+ in 12 mos.

Opti has 3 shifts of 14 year olds doing sweat shop duty on the boards. You can see the slight difference in humor. Notice when he was on the pain meds, the look in the eyes, and the slight tremor. Its the same one that showed on June 18, 2005.

And there was another poster, on the grassy knoll, and another in the watergate condos all using the same iPass ID at the Starbucks- its a conspiracy, its plain as day - just look at the facts.

Its not really him, the ink is all wrong. One time the gauntlet has red, the next it doesn't... look closely, you can tell, the frames shift too...

-Oliver "Edgar" Stone
:roll:

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Its not really him, the ink is all wrong. One time the gauntlet has red, the next it doesn't... look closely, you can tell, the frames shift too...
:roll:

Hmm...I think someone is jealous. :lol:

Jerry Raia
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM

Feeling the heat are ya? 8)

Besides we have to knock that Temporale guy off his perch. I say we start doing one word posts. :mrgreen:

Jerry Raia

Jerry Raia
this. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Besides we have to knock that Temporale guy off his perch. I say we start doing one word posts. :mrgreen:

with the way me and the sweat shop kids are going, we'll beat mike in no time :)

edgar
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
It's almost June and Canookia winter should just about be over and construction season will be beginning. Then Mike will venture outside and not be snowed in glued to his computer. We'll have until late August before Canada winter settles back in to get ahead of Mike.

If we give Opti $5 each he can get at least another six or seven sweat shop kidsm for the summer.

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:03 PM
I

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:03 PM
get

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:04 PM
the

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:04 PM
idea. :lol:

PS: But I don't think I will do it...too many clicks...too slow.

edgar
05-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Kris and Jerry-

CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER! Don't make me call your mothers.

Jerry Raia
05-14-2006, 06:10 PM
idea. :lol:

Might make posting from the phone easier though. We might have stumbled on to something here. This would have been 24 more posts too. :lol:

Jerry Raia
05-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Kris and Jerry-

You can't! The Mpx220 can't make calls. :lol:

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Might make posting from the phone easier though.

I like that justification. 8) Then Edgar can't accuse us of cheating.

Kris Kumar
05-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Kris and Jerry-

You can't! The Mpx220 can't make calls. :lol:

Don't tempt him, Jerry. MPx220 is known for some odd miracles from time to time.

edgar
05-14-2006, 06:20 PM
:( Snobs - all of you! Not all of us get devices handed to us!

With exception og the useless camera (which I use the LED for a flashlight and thats it) my MPX220 works fine.

BTW, both of you, your moms are wondering why you haven't called yet for mother's day.

Rocco Augusto
05-14-2006, 10:05 PM
...wondering why you haven't called yet for mother's day.

duh!

Mike Temporale
05-15-2006, 04:51 AM

Feeling the heat are ya? 8)

Knock me off ? Bah! I'm double you guys and I still got lots to say! ;)

Mike Temporale
05-15-2006, 04:53 AM

Might make posting from the phone easier though. We might have stumbled on to something here. This would have been 24 more posts too. :lol:

Cute! Where's my moderator hat? ;)

Mike Temporale
05-15-2006, 04:55 AM
:( Snobs - all of you! Not all of us get devices handed to us!

I agree. I would like someone to had me a new phone. I promise to be nice to it and I'll do my best to love it and speak nicely on it. :mrgreen:

ditch_azeroth
05-16-2006, 07:39 AM
instant messenging on discussion boards ^_^

peace out ^_^

edgar
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Speaking of new phones!

Where's that write up on the SP5M ditch? *whip* Back to work - all of you!!

Kris Kumar
05-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Something tells me that this discussion thread will complete 500 posts soon. :lol:

Kris Kumar
05-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Speaking of new phones!

Where's that write up on the SP5M ditch? *whip* Back to work - all of you!!

Wow! Good memory.

And now our forum has a bully. :lol:

ditch_azeroth
05-17-2006, 03:47 AM
aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhh!!! you remembered! hehehe... still testing it out. so far, so good. a DEFINITE improvement from my voyager. been tweaking around with compressing exe and dll files using upx200w and making xmls for homescreens recently... no problems so far. anyway, here's a short list of things i noticed:

- just updated to latest rom (ROM 2.0.8.0/OPERATOR 2.6.331.2/Radio 2.0.13.25_01.14.00) the update is awesome. im not particularly sure if its got the AKU but i really dont care much about that so...
-transferring of files via activesync is a whole load faster. if there was a median between usb1.1 and 2.0, that would be its transfer rate ^_^ sync connection fails when i transfer files 50MB+ though :( but then again, i got wm5storage installed so no problems there... just a slower of a transfer rate.. no biggie
-battery life, much better - well, it has a 1150mAh batt so...
-the 1.3MP cam is awesome - even in low-light conditions.
-displayed on a QVGA screen... whappakkk!!!
-dedicated media player buttons very nifty (remapped these to go to TCPMP, the wmp10 isnt working for me as it should... )
-headphone jack very conviently located at the bottom, wish it was 3.5mm though
-buttons everywhere, a geek's dream come true
-connected anyone? wifi,bt,ir,gprs, you name it. takes a little acquainting to get connected but nevertheless, very easy to use
- love the thing on the side where you can put a strap on (i'm parading around the office with the beauty 'round my neck ^_^)
- the form factor for me is perfect. i always liked brick phones (and everybody who sees it goes "look at the size of that screen!"... hehhe... the screens covers more than half the length of the phone... cool ^_^ )

that's just for starters. basically, everything i did on my voyager, i can do here faster. for example, i could play a 320x24029fps/192vbr here without problems. on the voyager, i'd freeze on the first couple of frames.

basically, i have got nothing but praise. there are only 4 drawbacks i could think of:

- im a big guy. 'nuf said. texting on this phone is a little bit harder, but not a problem really.
- i love the hot-swappable thing on the voyager. if this device had hot swappable SD (not miniSD, since SDs tend to be cheaper and are readily available in larger capacities than miniSDs these days), that would be a blast
- why oh why are we limited to 802.11b? if only we had 802.11g, heck, i could do all my work in the company coffee shop we have downstairs ^_^
- i love how the folders were arranged in wm2003, they should have stuck with that... but then again, im getting used to the wm5 file structure so...

that's what i got so far. basically, i have nothing but praises, and then more praises. i am the envy of everybody in the building and i feel like rockstar 8)

Rocco Augusto
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
i was going to write a comparison between the 2125 and the sda but my girlfriend wont give me the sda to review :lol:

ditch_azeroth
05-18-2006, 08:25 AM
<edit>i just made a short review HERE (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=71573#71573). check it out ^_^ </edit>

saint, the basic difference is wifi. that's pretty much it. well, there's the keypad and a few other things but otherwise, it is not that important. the camera of the typhoon though is a bit out of focus (especially if you are high on caffeine... lol) ive been tweaking around with the registry but the real secret is that when you take pictures, be steady as a rock and allow some time for the phone's camera to focus. panoramic pictures will always be a wee bit fuzzy. macro pictures will also be a wee bit fuzzy. what do you expect? it's a mobile phone camera ^_^ i cant say what its like for the 2125 though coz i never had my hands on one.

overall, i go for the tornado anytime, and im not saying this only because i won one. its pretty amazing for a phone its size. for geeks like me, i think this is the ultimate 1.3MP QVGA wifi smartphone around for its price range to date. anyway, if you want detailed specs for comparison, check this out:
tornado vs. faraday ^_^ (http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/compare2.php?compare%5B%5D=1412&compare%5B%5D=1301)

oh, and here are a few pictures of me getting my phone from the mail ^_^

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/ditch_azeroth/tornado/meandmysp5m1.jpghttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/ditch_azeroth/tornado/meandmysp5m2.jpghttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/ditch_azeroth/tornado/meandmysp5m3.jpg

Rocco Augusto
05-18-2006, 07:27 PM
suprisingly there are a fair amount of differences between the 2125 and the sda. little things that most people wouldnt notice but these things are a total pain in the rump if youre a power user. all in all i would say each phone has its ups and downs but if you want to see who the clear winner is youll have to wait a day or two. i have to take some pictures before i can post the review :)

edgar
05-18-2006, 09:24 PM
i was going to write a comparison between the 2125 and the sda but my girlfriend wont give me the sda to review

That's a nice lil skirt she has you wear! We know who the boss in the Saint Household is! :whip:

Thanks Ditch for your two reports. Glad you like the SP5M that I bribed Mike to give me! He now owe's me $1.50 back. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
05-19-2006, 01:13 AM
i was going to write a comparison between the 2125 and the sda but my girlfriend wont give me the sda to review

That's a nice lil skirt she has you wear! We know who the boss in the Saint Household is! :whip:

Thanks Ditch for your two reports. Glad you like the SP5M that I bribed Mike to give me! He now owe's me $1.50 back. :lol:

hey now, i totally stole it back for my review. ill post it tomorrow sometime, or the next day

ditch_azeroth
05-19-2006, 07:01 AM
right on. i wouldnt know anything about the 2125 cause i never had my hands on one. if i did, boy o boy, i would be glad to write all the reviews any forum could want... ^_^ ive been reading some bad reviews about the sda's poor camera quality... but i really dont mind. what can you expect from a phone camera? unless you had the 10MP samsung phone... which is not an MS mobile... not really sure...

funny thing, in my review, i mentioned that i found a 'flashlight' reg key somewhere. was the sda originally designed to have a bright white LED/strobe? anybody has any inside info on this? :roll: hehehe

Rocco Augusto
05-19-2006, 09:01 AM
funny thing, in my review, i mentioned that i found a 'flashlight' reg key somewhere. was the sda originally designed to have a bright white LED/strobe? anybody has any inside info on this? :roll: hehehe

im sure this is an extra feature built into the OS incase the phone was built with one. sorta like the 2125 having all the files for wifi access but not having a wifi chip. its amusing but its neat to think what hardware could be supported by the phone by going through the reg and finding little things like this :)

Rocco Augusto
07-26-2006, 01:38 AM
man, im past 800 now! 300 post in less than three months! im a roccstar! ;)

Mike Temporale
07-26-2006, 02:53 AM
man, im past 800 now! 300 post in less than three months! im a roccstar! ;)

You go girl ! ;)

Kris Kumar
07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
I am sure in your new avatar, as the Spam Slayer, you will be adding more posts.

Jerry Raia
07-26-2006, 03:29 AM
What am I going to do with you guys?

edgar
07-26-2006, 04:06 AM
What am I going to do with you guys?

shoot em in the butt with a big fat rubberband - thats my idea!

Rocco Augusto
07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
:lol:

Jerry Raia
07-28-2006, 01:12 AM
You know Kris I am closing the posting gap with you, nervous? :lol:

Kris Kumar
07-28-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't care about the count; it's the quality that counts. ;-) :lol:

Jerry Raia
07-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Oh good, I knew there was a reason I had fewer posts! :P

Rocco Augusto
07-28-2006, 05:19 AM
that must mean im the best ;) :lol:

Jerry Raia
07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
I knew my last post might backfire on me!