View Full Version : Bluetooth Call Button

jrchipmunk
05-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi all. I installed a great program for my 2125 by Fonix called Voice Dialer 2.1. It supports bluetooth but the way you need to use it is to activate the headset, start the program with the phone and then speak. The problem is that in order to activate the headset (motorola HS820) you have to push the call button and that activates the built in voice tag request. So now I have two programs open trying to dial. What am I missing here. There should be a way to acitvate the headset without it trying to obtain a voice tag from me and call out.
Any ideas??
thanks~

Bill Harrison
05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Here is what I do, I am not sure if there is a better solution:

Program a voice tag, and use it to launch the fonix voice dial application.

Then, press blue tooth button, speak the word to launch the fonix app, in my case I just say "Dialer"

Then the voice app will launch, and you can speak into the blue tooth to dial, place the call, or access your contacts.

Works great for me, and its only an extra step along the way.

Bill

jrchipmunk
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of that. This is why I'm only a JR Chipmunk.
Thanks very much.

jrchipmunk
05-10-2006, 05:55 PM
That still doesn't work for me. I gave the program the voice tag, I hit the call button on the headset and say the voice tag for the program, the program opens but then goes through the phone!!! AHHH! What else could I be doing wrong here??

Sven Johannsen
05-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Don't have it handy, but I'm sure someone will. There is a registry entry that defines what application is opened when you hit the BT button. Should be able to just change the key to reflect fonix.