View Full Version : Flight Mode Question?

Ash211
05-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Is there a way to turn on/off flight mode without having to hit the damn power button on the 2125? I'm planning on buying Battery Pack Pro...can this do it?

Jerry Raia
05-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Its the only way I know to do it an be careful with BBP. Quite a few people including myself had trouble with it not being able to select programs for the menus. OmegaOne was totally unresponsive to inquiries.

Sven Johannsen
05-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Is there a way to turn on/off flight mode without having to hit the damn power button on the 2125? I'm planning on buying Battery Pack Pro...can this do it?

Why? Given that it is a smartphone you would still have to bring up some menu and then select Flight Mode. How would that be different.

If you are thinking of a single button to turn FM on and off, that would reduce the button count for other stuff. Is that what you want? I'd guess that exists somewhere. There are BT toggle apps around you can assign to buttons, Might be an all TXs off app somewhere.

gai-jin
05-07-2006, 07:38 AM
If your complaint is about the power button and how it is oddly placed, not that you have to go thru menus, then Yes, I believe this can be done via software. IIRC, there is an exe on the phone, in the windows or system dir, called quickapp.exe

Make a shortcut to that, put it in your start menu or such, and you could use that to bring up the quick menu.

edgar
05-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, stay away from BPP. Omega One's support and products have gone the way of the dodo. They have poor QA anymore and never did correct many problems with Journal Bar.

It's too bad, their software has good features and is visually great, but memory leaks, inconsistent behavior, non response, lousy support, etc leave nothing but a bad taste and a locked device for me.