View Full Version : Buying a phone from Amazon.com

zeke009
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
a search didn't really reveal any existing posts about buying from Amazon... so it's time for a poll!

Seeing as how I'll get locked into a 2 year deal no matter where I get the T-Mobile SDA from (t-mo site, t-mo store, or amazon.com) I might as well look at the one place that could either offer the phone for free or for dirt cheap depending on the next round of rebates. Amazon.com may add the $30 data plan, but that can be dropped just by calling into the T-Mobile. I asked the guy at the store today about that.

ebay... I'm not prepared to spend $250 - $400 on the SDA which is what I've seen some of the bids end at.

So, a poll to vote on and thread to discuss. If I missed a section where amazon.com has already been rated and reviewed, I apologize. Please post the link.

For those who have bought from amazon.com, I'm wondering if...
1) you had trouble getting your rebates.
2) if you ported a number, did you experience any hassles or is it as easy (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/508597/ref=amb_right-1_145726401_3/103-3861021-8313444#TMobile) as they make it sound?

Mike Temporale
05-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Well, I haven't but it's not because I wouldn't. It's just that they won't sell to me. Phones can only be sold to those living in the US and that's not me. :(

If I could, I would have bought one or two phones form them by now. You just can't beat that price. :D

jnajera
05-04-2006, 04:48 AM
I just recenty bought the SDA and I ported my number within minutes of getting the phone, very easy and quick. It is a very nice phone, I can now see how Pocket PC and Smartphone are merging. All they need to do is add mobile office.

Rocco Augusto
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
if i need a phone i go directly to the source, i dont really like messing around with indirect dealers

hastings
05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Haven't heard any complaints about Amazon with phones lately...