View Full Version : Can't submit posts from mobile?

gai-jin
05-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I've tried a few times in the past and can't ever seem to post from my mobile.

I get the post entered in, but the submit button doesn't respond. Preview doesn't work either. I can select the buttons, but pushing the ACTION button doesn't do anything.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
To be honest, I only read the site from my phone. It's just not very much fun - for me, to post from the device. I'm too wordy most of the time and I'm not very good at T9...

Anyway, I have seen others post that they have posted from their device. So I can't imagine what would be causing the problem. I'll try and test it out this afternoon.

Jerry Raia
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I have done it occasionally but it can be agonizing if you have more than three words to type. :lol:

Jason Dunn
05-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Hmm...I was quite sure that this worked - I've done it before, though certainly not recently...

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Testing post from my Smartphone.....

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 09:23 PM

Well, it works for me. One thing that I noticed is that the input box is a little confusing. Make sure you put your text in the right spot. It goes in the box after "Close Tags". There's no title for the input box. So if you put your comments in the subject field only, I imagine it would fail. 8)

gai-jin
05-02-2006, 09:49 PM
I just tried again a bit ago, same result. What phone are you using mike?

I did put the text in the right spot, though as you said it does look at bit odd.

The main thing is just that the submit button doesn't do anything. Odd...

This is on a 2125, which was just hard reset a couple days ago...

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm using a SP5m.

Where's Jerry or Kris? We should get them to give this a try - they got the 2125. I've got AKU2 applied, I wonder if that makes a difference? :?

Jerry Raia
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Post from 2125.

gai-jin
05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Okay, then what on earth can I be doing wrong?

Are you using Pocket IE?

When you get done entering your text, using the joystick to move to the preview or submit buttons, then push 'action', yes?

When I do this, nothing happens.

Jerry Raia
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes using PIE and doing the exact same thing. Using the joystick and pressing it on submit. Can you press the Preview button?

Jason Dunn
05-02-2006, 10:58 PM

It didn't work - I can't see your post. :lol:

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 11:41 PM

It didn't work - I can't see your post. :lol:

There's one in every crowd. I figured it would have been Edgar or Opti who would have jumped on this first. ;)

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 11:44 PM
When you get done entering your text, using the joystick to move to the preview or submit buttons, then push 'action', yes?

When I do this, nothing happens.

Well, I was using my bluetooth keyboard and pressed enter on the submit button. But this is the same as pressing action on the keypad and it worked for Jerry, so....

Are you posting a new thread or comments to an existing thread?

gai-jin
05-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I've tried replying to this thread, as well as starting a new thread.

And the preview button doesn't respond either.

The bit that strikes me as odd is that any other links on the page work fine... but these buttons, even though I can select them, don't do anything when clicked.

billcalle
05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I stumbled across this post after spending about 20 minutes typing a response in another thread (during a really boring meeting) and being frustrated by the fact that neither the submit nor the preview button was doing anything for me. I used the joystick, etc. as described in this message. Any chance that the form times out if you take too long typing in the post?

gai-jin
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
You mean it's *not* just all in my head!? :)

Mike Temporale
05-06-2006, 01:33 AM
I can't think of what else would be different between these devices. My IE Mobile is pretty standard. I haven't done anything to it. :?

gai-jin
05-06-2006, 02:42 AM
Which is why I thought it must be something different on the user side, rather than device side. differnt way of clicking or something. but I can't tell what it woudl be.

billcalle
07-03-2006, 01:50 AM
I know this topic has been silent for quite a while because a solution was not forthcoming. I kind of blew it off and decided to use the computer anytime I wanted to post something. Recently, however, I stumbled across a page on another site that does the exact same thing. Basically, I click the button and I get some crosshairs (like what you get when you need to click on an imagemap. I can move the crosshairs around, but pressing the action button again does not cause the button to act like it was pressed. Is there some other button that I'm supposed to press once I'm in crosshair mode to get IE to submit the form?

Mike Temporale
07-11-2006, 04:54 PM
what site? maybe I can get it to work (or not work) on my phone and see the problem.