View Full Version : Active Sync 4.1 Error code #85010014

Terry Pickett
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I just had this error code appear on Active Sync 4.1. Have no idea what is going on. It will sync Windows Media player, but not contacts, email, anything else! I tried repairing Active Sync. No help. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the program. I still get the same error code. Can anyone help?

Thanks

boyzsNblue
05-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Try using the 4.2 beta version that was just released, it took care of my problems of not being able to sync at all.

Good Luck
Pete :) 8)

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Another thing to try is turning off your firewall. But I qould agree with boyz, upgrade to 4.2 and see if that fixes it first.

Terry Pickett
05-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, I found out the problem. Microsoft was no help. Found someone with Cingular that found the problem. The error code is a corruption of Outlook. The Cingular tech said repair Outlook and reboot. If that didn't correct the problem, reinstall Outlook. I repaired Outlook, rebooted the computer and that took care of the problem. I have no idea how Outlook got corrupted. Never had this problem before. At least I found a solution. Hope it helps someone else.