View Full Version : Crossbow to be Windows Mobile 6.0?

Jerry Raia
05-01-2006, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/04/28/crossbow-to-be-windows-mobile-6-0/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/04/28/crossbow-to-be-windows-mobile-6-0/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Looks like "Crossbow" may not be AKU3 after all, at least if CIO's Microsoft Informer report is to be believed. They assert that "Crossbow" will be the Windows Mobile OS we see wedged in between what we have now with Windows Mobile 5.0, and whatever it is Photon will be in late 2007 / 2008 when it starts showing up -- so apparently we can think of Crossbow as WinMo 6.0."</i><br /><br />Part of the agony for us Smartphone users over this tease is the fact that the carriers get in the way of us enjoying this new stuff. By the time the fossil Verizon for example, gets this till the time it shows up on your phone, you have grown much older. I wonder if the Q can be upgraded to 6.0. :lol:

edgar
05-02-2006, 12:23 AM
HA! They'd have to upgrade it to 5 first :wink:

Aren't they releasing it with 03 to make sure its stable! :twisted:

Rocco Augusto
05-02-2006, 12:48 AM
HA! They'd have to upgrade it to 5 first :wink:

Aren't they releasing it with 03 to make sure its stable! :twisted:

you mean they upgraded it from 2002?

well it seems like we've been waiting that long at least ;)

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 01:16 AM
"Looks like "Crossbow" may not be AKU3 after all, at least if CIO's Microsoft Informer report is to be believed. They assert that "Crossbow" will be the Windows Mobile OS we see wedged in between what we have now with Windows Mobile 5.0, and whatever it is Photon will be in late 2007 / 2008 when it starts showing up -- so apparently we can think of Crossbow as WinMo 6.0."

Well, it's not AKU3 that's for sure. AKU stands for adaption kit update. AKU's are released on a monthly basis or something like that. It's just that the carriers might not feel the updates are worth the testing time to release to the end user. Just look how long it took for AKU2 to get out. It was released in August of 2005. And we still haven't seen all the carriers release it. Basically all you get in an AKU is patches and minor updates.

Crossbow is more than just patches. I don't know if it's going to be a fully version update or not either. Most likely, the ultimate decision is whatever the marketing guys think is best. And we all kow the great stuff they've come up with in the past. :wink: