View Full Version : Motorola MPX200 Stuff

vlcano57
04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Hi all,
I am not sure if this type of post is allowed...if not I apologize.
I need ASAP the Motorola MPX200 or the stuff on the Motorola MPX200 software because I just bought one but it did not include it. If no one can let me know where to get one or send me a copy of it can you tell me whats on the original disk si I can find separete downloads of it. And does anyone know if the software on the Audiovox SMT5600 disk will work on the MPX200?
Thanks

Mike Temporale
04-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Please don't cross post in our forums. I have removed the other thread. Thanks.

Now, what "Stuff" are you talking about? The CD only has stuff like the manual and other useless things. Not having the CD is certianly not an issue.

vlcano57
04-24-2006, 03:45 AM
I apologize...I was not sure in which one to put it.
I was wondering if there is an needed stuff besides active sync on there (such as applications,games,Email intergration between Outlook etc)

edgar
04-24-2006, 06:45 AM
The only other thing that may have come on the disk is an old moldy copy of outlook - at least 3 versions ago if you have the MPX200, since my 220 came with a version of outlook 2000. (outllook XP and 2003 now being out since then).

Activesync you can get from www.pocketpc.com - make sure you download ver 3.8 NOT 4.x

Otherwise they put the usual crud like Earthlink signup, pdf version of the manual, IE mobile links on there. Maybe one of the Microsoft game packs reduced to 3 levels only. But even then, they were never good games - glorified pong if you ask me.

BTW, MPX200 has no OS upgrade, I think they may have updated the ROM once or twice on the AT&T network. If the unit is unlocked I know there were Asian ROMs with "worldwide english" but you are on your own there, not sure what hey "fixed" or changed.

The SMT5600 disk may provide you that same moldy Outlook version, but most of the applications are probablky either set by the carrier or by the unit itself, if public then they are probably pretty basic stuff.

Mike Temporale
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Activesync you can get from www.pocketpc.com - make sure you download ver 3.8 NOT 4.x

Actually, it doesn't matter what version you download. 4.x will automatically detect that the device is pre-WinMo5 and revert back to the old 3.8 code. So it's all the same. :wink:

edgar
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I'd argue that its SUPPOSE to be that way Mike. And if I was using mixed wm5 and 03SE devices I would use 4.1.

But when I loaded 4.1 I had nothing but dropped synchs and problems with both my MPX220 and my HX4700 - I reloaded 3.8 and no issues. So, for me, I'll stay on 3.8 :)

-Edgar

Mike Temporale
04-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I'd argue that its SUPPOSE to be that way Mike. And if I was using mixed wm5 and 03SE devices I would use 4.1.

But when I loaded 4.1 I had nothing but dropped synchs and problems with both my MPX220 and my HX4700 - I reloaded 3.8 and no issues. So, for me, I'll stay on 3.8 :)

-Edgar

Fair enough. I haven't actually tested an older device with it so...

I do know that they changed the way it connects and that seems to have a lot of problems with firewalls. If you're running AS 4.1 and having problems, try turning off the firewall and see if that changes anything.

vlcano57
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
So....
It is no big deal if I do not have the cd?
And when you say outlook you mean a mobile version for the phone correct? Because I seek to sync my outlook email with my MPX so is it already installed?

And does the MPX runn on Mobile 2002 or 2003?

And which would you recommend. Me staying with my SMT5600, or switching to the MPX OR I am also getting a Siemens SX56 Pocket PC phone. Which do you suggest I stick with?
Thanks keep the knowledge comin'

Mike Temporale
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
So....
It is no big deal if I do not have the cd?

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it.

And when you say outlook you mean a mobile version for the phone correct? Because I seek to sync my outlook email with my MPX so is it already installed?

Actually, no. The CD has a desktop verion of Outlook on it. Your phone already has the mobile version installed on it. The CD has the full desktop version just to make sure you're sync'ing with the right thing. If you already have Outlook on your desktop, as most do, then it's not a problem.

And does the MPX runn on Mobile 2002 or 2003?

You have the MPx200? then it's Windows Mobile 2002. If you have the MPx220, then it's Windows Mobile 2003.

And which would you recommend. Me staying with my SMT5600, or switching to the MPX OR I am also getting a Siemens SX56 Pocket PC phone. Which do you suggest I stick with?
Thanks keep the knowledge comin'

Do you have the MPx200? Then I would say keep the 5600. It's a newer phone. Unless you have some thing for clam-shell devices.

vlcano57
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes I do have Outlook on my desktop so there is nothing to worry about?

Mike Temporale
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Yes I do have Outlook on my desktop so there is nothing to worry about?

Nope, nothing to worry about. I haven't even opened the CD for my SP5m. I did open the CD for my 5600, but that was because I wanted to read something on the manual.

vlcano57
04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
So nothing to worry about?

And Can the MPX be upgraded to 2003?

edgar
04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Nope.

The MPx200 is a 3 yr old device. It was replaced by the MPX220 about 2 yrs ago (a real POS). I would use the 5600