View Full Version : No Reminder Sounds?

SCPH
04-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Newbie question I know, but I am a newbie....

Cingular 2125. My calendar is stuffed full of appointments. There used to be a tone played 30/15/n minutes before the appointment as a reminder, but now the tone is gone. I looked in the obvious settings location and there is a sound file there and it plays in media player. What did I miss?

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
04-21-2006, 09:56 PM
2 things to check, First, go into Settings/Sounds and make sure that you have a sound selected for the notification. Try testing it by using the Menu/Play option and make sure you hear something.

Second, go to Settings/Profiles and edit your active profile. Make sure that the volume for notification is loud enough that you can hear it.

Hope that helps

SCPH
05-04-2006, 08:48 PM
This is crazy. Maybe there is something mussed in the Registry.

Can anyone post their keys and values (I think there should be 2 or 3) for what they have in their Cingular 2125 Windows Mobile 5 device for the reminder sound? I think the av3pw or whatever is not right, or maybe it should not be there, or something.

The sound definitely plays in the "settings" section of the phone. It plays a .wav or a midi, but if I make a new calendar entry and set it notify me 5 minutes before the event, the sound never plays.

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
05-04-2006, 11:41 PM
What Profile do you have on?

Press Start / Settings / Profiles / {highlight your current profile} / Menu / Edit and tell me what the Notification Type and the Notification Volume are set at.

SCPH
05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I have tested the Reminder sound with the Standard and Outside profile. Still I get no sound for the Reminder. I looked at the Registry data and it looks OK. I have installed Facade and Papyrus hoping that would make a difference, but it doesn't.

Help! The Reminder sound is one of the most important things for me.

Can anyone say what their Registry key and data looks like for the Reminder sound. Or give me the right voodoo prayer to make it work. Even though I have a ton of stuff on my phone, I am *this close* to hard-reset-reformat and starting over in the hope that it will make the Reminder sound work.

Mike Temporale
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Facade and Papyrus? Why would that help?

I've given you suggestions and asked for more information to help pin-point the problem, but you don't seem to care. So I'm done trying to help you. Good luck.