View Full Version : Screen protector for SDA

draginbane
04-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Any recommendations?

Rocco Augusto
04-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Any recommendations?

i use the 2125 screen protector from boxwave. so far its great minus some annoying little problems that ive encountered with ALL screen protectors.

1) after washing with soap and water (which they recommend to clean :)) its almost impossible to get the screen protector back on the phone without getting fingerprints or dust on the sticky part thus annoying the heck out of me.

i just said screw it and sprung for the Meguiar'S Mirror Glaze No. 10 and No. 17 formulas so i could rub out any scratches myself. the good news is the bottles are huge so ill be able to fix my cellphone screens for years to come :)

Mike Temporale
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I use Boxwave (http://www.boxwave.com/index.htm?kbid=1346) as well. I found they had a better fit for the 5600. I like the Crystal Clear ones. :D

Ash211
04-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Does anyone just use their 2125 naked??? The touchscreen on PDA's seem to require a screen protector but do you really need one on a 2125??

Mike Temporale
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Does anyone just use their 2125 naked??? The touchscreen on PDA's seem to require a screen protector but do you really need one on a 2125??

I'm always trying to clean a smug off the screen and the protectors help to prevent smugs. That's the main reason I use one. It also helps to prevent something from scratching your screen. Like if you happen to drop your keys in the same pocket as your phone by mistake. ;)

mambi.macho
06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Is this (http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/cleartouch-screen-protector-t-mobile-sda-with-antenna-hump---us-version_1174.htm) the screen protector you guys are talking about. Does it not reduce the clarity or brightness?[/url]

mambi.macho
06-23-2006, 12:21 AM
I found this JAVOedge (http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/productCatalog/getProduct.do?poid=825&pbmId=3199) screen protector for T-Mobile SDA (hump version). Has anyone tried this one? If so how is it?

Mike Temporale
06-23-2006, 02:29 AM
The screen looks a little less bright, but nothing to worry about. In fact, it's much easier to read in sunlight - especially if you get the anti-glare ones. :D

ditch_azeroth
06-24-2006, 03:59 AM
my screen protector can't be beat... it's cheap and abundant ^_^

3M sells clear tapes for less than a dollar that has width exactly the same as the height of your screen. just stick it there and you're set. the trick is getting rid of the bubbles... but you'll get the hang of it after a few experiments... start from one side and using a squeegee of sorts, 'squeegee' it to the other side... there is extremely minimal difference in intensity of the screen since the tape, if done right, sticks perfectly to the screen - so there is very very little refraction. it's probably 300% better than the original screen protector/protective film that came with your phone when you got it out of the box ^_^