View Full Version : Dual Email/CalendarContacts Strategy

billcalle
04-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Scenario:

1) Exchange account at work on Exchange Server 2003 with SP2.
2) POP e-mail account at home serviced using Outlook 2003 for mail access calendar, contacts, notes, etc.
3) 2125 phone without push mail ROM (unless someone knows how to get the new ROM for this unit and I don't).

Desire:

1) Instant mail notification from both home and work accounts (once ROM update is available). I'm willing to switch the home account to a hosted exchange account at 4smartphone.net or the like if necessary.
2) Separate calendars, contacts, etc. I'd like to have both up to date on the phone but I'd rather not have my personal calendar get merged with my work calendar, etc.
3) Access to global address list for work account.

Is there any way to accomplish all of this? What strategies do you guys/gals use to try and maintain separation between the work and personal accounts while maximizing the device's capabilities?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. :D

dbarnhart
04-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Some services offer the ability to categorize your contacts, so you could have two categories, 'Home' and 'Work'. That's what I do.

Best Regards,
Dave

billcalle
04-21-2006, 01:22 AM
I'd thought of that. Assuming I used the categories coupled with the private option so that my administrative assistant doesn't see all of my personal appointments, I could live with the contacts and calendar information getting merged. What about e-mail? Is there a way to get to push e-mail systems connected? If I upgraded to 4smartphone.net for the home account could I sync to both it and the work e-mail and keep them separate?

dbarnhart
04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't try to push my email out to my phone, I simply use a mobile friendly website (web2mail.com) that acts as a POP mail client, getting my email from several accounts and displaying them in Pocket Internet Explorer.

Personally, I think that broadband wireless will be so ubiquitous in a couple of years that we'll all be using web 2.0 apps on our phones for just about everything.

Best Regards,
Dave