View Full Version : Quick question about SDA compatibility

Pete Paxton
04-18-2006, 02:03 AM
I came home tonight and my Windows XP computer has died. I'm fairly tech savvy and I can't get it to do anything. My wife and I are seriously thinking of getting a Dell XPS Windows XP Media Edition Pentium M notebook. Is there any reason my SDA wouldn't play nicely with this machine? I don't want to get something that isn't compatible. Thank for your help.

Sven Johannsen
04-18-2006, 04:54 AM
No reason it wouldn't work. MCE is just some additioanl software loaded on top of XP Pro (with a few things disabled by default). AS runs fine on it, and it even has some mobile device sync functions right from the MCE interface.

Mark Kenepp
04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Is there any reason my SDA wouldn't play nicely with this machine? I don't want to get something that isn't compatible. Thank for your help.

There's a guy that has his priorities straight :way to go:

Most people look for a smartphone or PDA that is compatible with their computer, not the other way around.

Pete Paxton
04-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Isn't that crazy? I have a Mac Powerbook as my main computer and to be honest, I can't say which is my favorite. I really like my PB but I love my SDA. If I had to let one go, it'd be a tough decision. I'm only getting the Dell because my wife needs it for some compatibility at work but my main reason is so I can sync my SDA to Outlook. If I had more compatibility with my mac, I wouldn't get a pc at all!