View Full Version : 2125 Menus

Berlzy
04-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi. Has anyone had the menus on their 2125 suddenly drop the number keys and started seeing useless letter codes instead? This has happened all of a sudden on my 2125 and I can't figure out how to get back to seeing (and using) the number pad to select menu choices in my applications. I REALLY don't want to have to do a hard reset to recover the normal functionality. Any idea how this happened or how to set things back to the norm? Thanks for your help.

Mike Temporale
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Power off and power back on and you should be fine.

I had this happen when I connected a Bluetooth keyboard using the default profile and not the one the vendor offered. Basically, your phone thinks it's in keyboard mode and that's why you see the letters. Reboot should fix it.

Berlzy
04-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Power off and power back on and you should be fine.

I had this happen when I connected a Bluetooth keyboard using the default profile and not the one the vendor offered. Basically, your phone thinks it's in keyboard mode and that's why you see the letters. Reboot should fix it.

Thanks for your response, Mike. I think you are right that it's related to connecting a Bluetooth keyboard. I've been trying to get the ThinkOutside universal bluetooth keyboard that I used with my SMT5600 working with the 2125, without success. But your mentioning this reminded me that this problem started when I tried to sync up the keyboard. I installed the latest ThinkOutside driver, but when I try to start the connection to the keyboard, I get an error that there is no keyboard around. At the same time, the numbers on the menus have disappeared -- and unfortunately shutting down the phone and starting it again has had no effect. I tried setting up the keyboard a week ago and have shut off the phone any number of times since then. Something's hung up somewhere. Any ideas? Should I uninstall the Think Outside driver?

Mike Temporale
04-15-2006, 05:23 PM
I would start with uninstalling and unpairing things until they start working again.

Berlzy
04-17-2006, 07:18 AM
I would start with uninstalling and unpairing things until they start working again.

Done. Got the keyboard working. But disabling it, and/or restarting the phone, doesn't help. Still have keyboard shortcuts in all the menus. I'm wondering if I need to change a registry setting to get back to keypad shortcuts? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and hard reset the phone?

Mike Temporale
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, I would try uninstalling the drivers first. But if that doesn't help you'll need to figure out what registry key it is and modify that yourself, or just hard reset. :?

Berlzy
04-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Well, I would try uninstalling the drivers first. But if that doesn't help you'll need to figure out what registry key it is and modify that yourself, or just hard reset. :?

Well, uninstalling drivers didn't do it. Finally bit the bullet, reset, installed keyboard first, then went on to the other 12 applications I use -- and I'm back to being a happy camper.

Now tell me why the 2125 doesn't have the same ability to sync subscription music with WMP, Napster, Yahoo Music Engine, etc., as the SMT5600!?

Thanks for your help.