View Full Version : 2125 freezes then misplaces storage card

twestley
04-06-2006, 12:18 AM
About once a day, my 2125 freezes (requiring remove battery reboot). On more than 50% of these occasions, the storage card is not recognized, so I repeat until it finds the card. This is independent of whether connected to/syncing with computer.

I'm running these programs: Virtual Earth Mobile, PocketBible, Mobipocket, Resco System Toys, and Tweaks2K2. I've left all IE and Outlook data in main storage. I don't sync Outlook email, but I do periodic connection and download of IMAP email.

Anyone have similar problems that they've solved?

Jerry Raia
04-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Have you tried another card? Who makes the one you have now?

twestley
04-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Have you tried another card? Who makes the one you have now?

No. Kingston.

I'm assuming that the freeze is the cause, not the effect since the card sometimes survives the freeze.

Jerry Raia
04-06-2006, 04:56 AM
I would have that happen with my old 5600 from time to time. The card would just vanish. Can you get hold of another card to try it? Just copy the stuff over to another card.

twestley
04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I removed all the add-on applications and the storage card. No freeze.

I loaded Resco System Toys so I could watch memory usage and see if that's the probem. No freeze.

I then loaded PocketBible and NIV into main memory (storage card still removed). Froze the very same day so removed PB and NIV.

Instead of assuming that PB is the only culprit, I will now load each other application I use to see if any others make it freeze.

Mike Temporale
04-10-2006, 04:39 PM
One bad program can really cause pain, eh? I hope it doesn't consume too much time as you test out the your apps. :?

Jerry Raia
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
What is NIV?

twestley
04-11-2006, 02:18 AM
What is NIV?

New International Version, one of the Bible data files PocketBible can read. Normally, I'd put it on the storage card, but while testing my apps, I removed the storage card in case that was the source of the problem.