View Full Version : Stuck on "hello" screen!

sosha
03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
The short story: when I turn on the phone, it does not go past the "hello" screen. How do I reset the darn thing?

The long story: I was installing a new home screen (xml), that wasn't loading properly. So, while it was in the process of trying to load (little timer turning), I went back into settings, and selected a home screen that I know works. Went back out, but it didin't load; it was stuck trying to load the other one. Went back into settings, double checked it. Still stuck. So, I figured I'd turn it off, and turn it back on. Turned off just fine, but now it's stuck on "hello". I tried removing the battery; still no luck.

Any suggestions? I'm away from my PC today, so anything thru a sync can't happen until this evening.

*&%($^&!!!!!

edgar
03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
which phone?

sosha
03-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Sorry....the 2125.

edgar
03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
If a hard reset doesnt work you may want to reflash the phone.

PM Jerry or one of the other 2125 folks and see if they know the specifics on a hard reset.

I think you need to turn off, remove battery and SIM for a few minutes; replace battery and SIM; then press BOTH soft keys and the Power reset at the same time for about 10-30secs- you should see the splash screen come up and it will try to reload. If your phone is SIM unlocked it will remain so. But this may put Application lock back on if you have it off.

Omega has some tips on app unlockign and SIM unlocking the 2125 here:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=11268

Jerry Raia
03-31-2006, 07:07 PM
On the 2125 go to the start menu and I think in accessories (I've moved my stuff around) go to Clear Storage. It will have you enter a number and then will let you hard reset your device. At this point it seams to be your only option. You might try leaving the battery out for an hour or so and if that fails, hard reset.

edgar
03-31-2006, 07:10 PM
No menu :)

He's stuck on "Hello" screen

I think its hard reset or reflash is all thats left?

Jerry Raia
03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
No menu :)

He's stuck on "Hello" screen

I think its hard reset or reflash is all thats left?

Doh! Hmmm. I would try leaving the battery out for a few hours first. In the mean time I can figure out what the other reset method is. I hadn't heard of the one you mentioned above. Might be it though.

sosha
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, whaddya know....it sat on the hello screen for 2.5 hours, THEN it started up.

I think I've got low memory issues. Removed Facade, Fizz Traveler. Seems happy now.

Thanx, all......

Jerry Raia
03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
press BOTH soft keys and the Power reset at the same time for about 10-30secs- you should see the splash screen come up and it will try to reload. If your phone is SIM unlocked it will remain so.

Looks like that is correct from what I found. Same procedure as the 5600. A black screen will come up asking if you want to reset. Say yes and away you go. Again though try leaving the battery out for a few hours before you resort to this.

Jerry Raia
03-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, whaddya know....it sat on the hello screen for 2.5 hours, THEN it started up.

I think I've got low memory issues. Removed Facade, Fizz Traveler. Seems happy now.

Thanx, all......

I have great timing. Anyway glad you are back in business! :)

edgar
03-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Jerry has great smartphone foo. With a simple flip of his wrist and some words of wisdom that 2125 sprung to life - not wanting to mess with him.

sosha
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
I am SO in awe or your talents, Jerry. Thanx! :D

Jerry Raia
03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Awww shucks guys. :oops: