View Full Version : Mobile Video Market will Top $500 Million in the Next 5 Years

Mike Temporale
03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/releases/06.03.28-newjupresearch.html' target='_blank'>http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/releases/06.03.28-newjupresearch.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"JupiterResearch has found that 41% of mobile phone users are interested in some form of video service on their mobile phone. According to the JupiterResearch report entitled: "U.S. Wireless Forecast, 2005 to 2010," the growing demand for video will generate $501 million in revenues by 2010, up from $62 million in 2005."</i><br /><br />It wasn't that long ago when it was hard to find anyone that was interested in watching TV or video on their mobile devices. It doesn't take long for things to change. I'm not sure I want to watch what the carrier has to offer. I'm much more interested in watching my TV and videos using something like a SlingBox.

edgar
03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree. Marry a slingbox to a Tivo and I'm in heaven (You listening TiVo!)

Speciality pay for use mobile video services are starting to sprout up too, some I think may actually make it. Like sports or medical, etc . Others I think will lose out to the Tivo and Slingbox capabilities.

For that same reason, I'm not sure how well, long term, the videocast stuff on iTunes will last - getting Desperate Housewives for 99cents, albeit commercial free, is not necessary if I captured it on TiVo or can watch it via slingbox on my phone for free. (Not that I watch Desperate Housewives :oops: - I meant to say uhmm 24! )
-Edgar

Jerry Raia
03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Great, more zombies walking into things in crowded placed because they are mesmerized by phone videos.

edgar
03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Walking!? Heck no, I'll be driving down the I-5 and eating a bagel while watching!

:rotfl:

-Edgar

Jerry Raia
03-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Walking!? Heck no, I'll be driving down the I-5 and eating a bagel while watching!

:rotfl:

-Edgar

Down here you'd be going faster walking, more dangerous. :lol:

Ryan Joseph
03-30-2006, 06:47 PM
"JupiterResearch has found that 41% of mobile phone users are interested in some form of video service on their mobile phone.

People are starting to realize the huge potential behind on-demand video. Who would have thought the idea of watching movies on-demand over cable would catch on? And yet it's taken off. We're seriously moving into a custom-tailored, get-what-you-want-right-now culture and on-demand video right to our cell phones is just another manifestation of that.

...I'm excited! :D

Rocco Augusto
04-01-2006, 02:40 AM
two words... orb media :)