View Full Version : 2125 GPRS bug??

brianchris
03-29-2006, 03:47 PM
While I'm a veteran PPC user, my wife has a new 2125 and she loves it!

She has noticed one significant problem though: She enjoys web suffing on the phone, and it works great. However, if she hasn't web surfed for a long period of time (for example, overnight), she can't web surf again until she powers the phone off and then on.

Specifically, after the phone has freshly power-cycled, the browser first says "connecting" then "Locating" and then the content is brought up. After a long period of non-use though, the connecting part never happens again, but the locating does and the content never arrives.

It *seems* as though the browser (or the phone) thinks the GPRS connection is still active (even though it isn't) and therefore it makes no attempt to establish the GPRS connection.

Anyone else experience this issue? Any suggestions to correct this problem (other than a power cycle)? Thanks in advance!

Mike Temporale
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Just a guess, but....

In Pocket IE, click Menu / Options / Connections - Is it set to automatically detect settings? Mine is, and imagine so should hers.

gai-jin
03-30-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm having this same issue, but where I notice it is with mail. I have my mail client set to check every 15 minutes, but at some point, I'm not sure exactly when, it starts saying it can't find the server. GPRS still thinks it's connected, but the mail (and other) apps can't get out.