View Full Version : Input Tips and Tricks

Jerry Raia
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/03/27/562162.aspx' target='_blank'>http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/03/27/562162.aspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"I'm an input junkie. I type in Dvorak on the desktop. I wrote an app to control the desktop mouse with an XBox 360 gamepad. I wrote all of the input bus drivers for the Sega Dreamcast. I once wrote a driver for a chording data puck because I thought the future of mobile device input was an input system that only someone as crazy as me would adopt.... What follows are a series of tips and tricks for Windows Mobile devices that you don't have to be crazy to appreciate. However, understand that the drivers that control input are written by the OEMs that create these devices. And we don't require that they follow every input quirk to the letter. It's possible that some of these things will work on some devices and not on others."</i><br /><br />Some of these are pretty basic and perhaps you already know them. However this might be a good starting point for you to list your own tips and tricks that you have discovered. Even if you think it's trivial post it. It might be a trick someone else has been looking for. :)

HalM
03-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Great tips. Thanks, Jerry!

Mike Temporale
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Here's one that people might not know;

If the phone is ringing and you want to silence the ringer while you run out of a meeting, but you don't want to send the call to voice mail - Press the volume up/down key. It doesn't matter if you press up or down. This will silence the ringtone, but the phone call will still be ringing. :D

ctmagnus
03-29-2006, 02:01 AM
^ Good tip! I also did not know about putting a caller on hold.

:)

ARW
03-29-2006, 04:40 AM
I've been struggling with the whole number when in T9 mode for almost two and a half years. Great tip!

Mike Temporale
03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Here's another handy tip for WinMo5 users;

In the start menu, the keypad numbers align with the icons on the screen. #1 on the keypad matches the top left program, #2 = top center, #3 = top right, and so on. So if you want to quickly access a program just push the corresponding key. :D

echosmyron
03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Very helpful tips. I read the manual when I got my phone but still forget some of the "simple" features.

ctmagnus
03-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I also did not know about putting a caller on hold.

(Please ignore the self-quoting ;) )

I tried this and it doesn't work on my SMT5600. :confused totally:

Jerry Raia
03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Doesn't work on the 2125 either. :cry: