View Full Version : Public Folder and IMAP Connection?

SCPH
03-28-2006, 06:15 AM
I am a Cingular 2125 newbie. I want to pull Calendar info from my Exchange public folder (say replicate every n minutes). I only have HTTPS access to the Exchange server (no SMTP, no IMAP, no MAPI, no POP3, no HTTP) over the internet on a port number above 5000.

I also have access to an IMAP server at another internet site, but that is on a high port (eg, not 143) behind a firewall. How can I send/receive mail to that?

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
03-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I am a Cingular 2125 newbie. I want to pull Calendar info from my Exchange public folder (say replicate every n minutes). I only have HTTPS access to the Exchange server (no SMTP, no IMAP, no MAPI, no POP3, no HTTP) over the internet on a port number above 5000.

Well, I'm just guessing on this, but I think you're out of luck. I don't think you'll have much luck connecting to public folders, especially if they aren't using the standard ports.

I also have access to an IMAP server at another internet site, but that is on a high port (eg, not 143) behind a firewall. How can I send/receive mail to that?

Have you tried to set this up in Outlook Mobile? Watch for the link for server settings when you set it up. I think you should be able to set the port number.