View Full Version : Problems syncing 2125 with exchange server

chiptransisto
03-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I just got my 2125. I've been using a MPX220. When I originally installed activesync and attached my 2125, it asked for all the info on the exchange server. I entered that info and the phone tried to connect. There was an error about the certificate. In my MPX220 I disabled cert check. WM5 doesn't allow you to disable cert check.
I searched the internet and this site and found a post about copying the certificate from my server to the 2125. However, I can't find the file (to install the certificate) on the phone that he references which I think is something like certinst.exe. That file doesn't exist on my phone or on the CD.
Another problem is that when I disconnected the phone from the computer and hook it back up, it just sets there saying 'connecting' but never connects. I did a hot reset of the phone and restarted the computer but still my phone won't connect, it is just always 'connecting.'
I installed activesync on another computer. Same problem. Then when I hot reset my phone and restarted my computer, it asked about the exchange server again. I followed the directions and selected cancel to go into guest mode so that I could copy my certificate to the phone. However, I select 'explore' and see 'mobile device' but cannot explore the device or copy my certificate to it.
I hot reset the phone again and restarted the computer. Again, it just goes into the 'connecting' mode but never connects.
I have several questions:
1. How can I get my exchange server certificate on my phone?;
2. Why doesn't my phone connect each time I plug in the usb cable instead of mostly just 'connecting' but then sometimes connecting?;
3. Has anyone else gotten the phone to connect to their exchange server? and if you have, how did you do it.

Mike Temporale
03-28-2006, 03:08 AM
You need to upgrade your version of ActiveSync to version 4.1. It won't connect with anything else.

Try copying your cert to a storage card, via a card reader and not over active sync. Then reinsert the card in your phone and launch it from the file explorer.

chiptransisto
03-28-2006, 03:16 AM
I figured out the problem that I was having.
1. The problem with activesync was caused by my firewall. This is a link for settings on most anitvirus and firewall programs (mine was trend micro): http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx
2. The problem with the certificate: Since I couldn't get activesync to work, I didn't have access to the phone folders. Once I got activesync through my firewall, I exported my certificate from exchange server and put it on the phone. It was a *.pfx file. I selected it and when I chose 'action' I was able to see the certinst.exe file. When I clicked on that file, I got an error message. I went back to the server and exported the certificate again but exported it as a *.cer file. Once that file was on the phone and I selected it and double clicked it (select 'action' from the menu button) and chose certinst.exe, it installed the cert and I was able to sync to my server!
YEA!