View Full Version : Balancing PIM data between Cingular 2125 & Axim X50v?

Starkenator
03-24-2006, 04:01 PM
I have had a Axim X50v since it came out and I got a Cingular 2125 yesterday. I am worried about conflicts with PIM data between the two devices. Does anyone here use both a smartphone and a PPC and have any advice on how to avoid conflicts with PIM between the two :?: ? Thanks.

Mike Temporale
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Conflicts? Nope. I sync data with both and there isn't any issues. What type of conflict are you worried about?

Starkenator
03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear that you don't have any problems. I have not had any yet so I was just curious if there were. I get conflicts between my PPC and Outlook fairly regularly (calendar items) so I was just curious if adding a smartphone to the mix would complicate things more. I don't know maybe it is a problem with my outlook settings as I would think that it would just sync the most recent changes. Thanks.

LHBALESJR
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
I have had a Axim X50v since it came out and I got a Cingular 2125 yesterday. I am worried about conflicts with PIM data between the two devices. Does anyone here use both a smartphone and a PPC and have any advice on how to avoid conflicts with PIM between the two :?: ? Thanks.

I also use both an Axim X50v and a Cingular 2125 and have had no conflicts with syncing my contacts (approximately 600).

Sven Johannsen
03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Sync'd as many as 5 PPCs, Phone Editions, and Smartphones to several PCs. Sometimes one device to the home and work PC, another to the home PC and laptop. Never have had any special issues. Only had issues when restoring a device from a backup, as that has to hose up the replication tables. The information that each device keeps on what has happened between syncs is all out of whack. So I get some duplicates in that scenario, but not as many as you might expect.

Only issue you will face is that you will need to upgrade to AS 4.1 for the 2125 and will then loose WiFi sync for the Axim. If that's not a problem don't sweat it. If it is there's nothing you can do about it so, get over it.

Other than that, be aware that AS 4.1 is different in it's options than AS 3.8. You will still get 3.8 features when the Dell is connected, but will have a different look and different options when the SDA is connected.