View Full Version : Mission Impossible III Coming to Cell Phones Before Consoles

Mike Temporale
03-23-2006, 08:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-03-20T073900Z_01_N20219259_RTRIDST_0_TECH-MEDIA-MI3-DC.XML' target='_blank'>http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-03-20T073900Z_01_N20219259_RTRIDST_0_TECH-MEDIA-MI3-DC.XML</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Only mobile gamers will have the ability to be a virtual Ethan Hunt when mobile game giant Gameloft unleashes "Mission: Impossible 3" across 150 carriers in May, coinciding with the worldwide rollout of the Tom Cruise thriller. ..."As handsets become more sophisticated, the gaming capabilities will continue to exceed most people's expectations," Guillemot said. "There's all this talk about the next generation of consoles, but the next generation in gaming is in the mobile platform." Gameloft has a multiyear license for "M:I-3," which means future iterations are likely. The first game will employ 2-D graphics and follow the film's basic plot line."</i><br /><br />Any Tom Cruise or M:I fans here? Does you really care that this game is hitting cell phones first? Personally, I don't think that consoles compete with cell phones when it comes to gaming. On my cell phone, I want a light weight game that I can pick up and play at any time. For my console, I much prefer to sit down for an extended period of time and play. Maybe it's just me.

jfreiman
03-24-2006, 02:35 AM
I think that it does make a difference that the game is showing up on phones first. This is the kind of exposure (smart)phones need.

In my opinion, without the 'firsts,' anything released on a phone will be ignored.

Now, as far as MI:3 goes - who cares. I'm boycotting Tom Cruise from now on. He's a wack job and the next 'Michael Jackson' -- I'm going to be one of the first to jump from his sinking ship.

Now how about some real games for a Windows Smartphone like Dig Dug! Now he's a cool dude! ;-)

Mike Temporale
03-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Ah... Dig Dug. Those were the days. :D