View Full Version : Can you add a city that's not on the list in FizzTraveler???

mbranscum
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
I need to add Jonesboro and Little Rock Arkansas but neither are on the list. Can it be done???

mbranscum
03-13-2006, 09:22 PM
OK...got it...is it just me or is that FizzTraveler menu hard to figure out???

Mike Temporale
03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Ya, it's a little awkward when you're adding a city. I mess it up everytime. :(

dh
03-13-2006, 11:19 PM
OK...got it...is it just me or is that FizzTraveler menu hard to figure out???
Indeed, the menu is a real pain.

Its worth while figuring it out though.

Sven Johannsen
03-14-2006, 06:46 AM
While we are talking about Fizztraveler, is there some way to keep it from grabbing the foreground. Every time I pick up my SP5, there it is on the display (not the home screen plug in, the whole app). Locked or unlocked. If locked i have to unlock and hit home to get back the home screen. It's annoying enough, I'm tempted to dump it al together. Is it just me.

juni
03-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Do you have it to autoupdate often? Whenever it updates it'll start itself and take over the screen.

Mike Temporale
03-14-2006, 01:45 PM
While we are talking about Fizztraveler, is there some way to keep it from grabbing the foreground. Every time I pick up my SP5, there it is on the display (not the home screen plug in, the whole app). Locked or unlocked. If locked i have to unlock and hit home to get back the home screen. It's annoying enough, I'm tempted to dump it al together. Is it just me.

Like Juni said, it only comes to the front after it updates. I would assume that this is to let you know that A) it has updated, and B) show you the latest info on your city of choice.

I set mine to update every 12 hours. What I don't like is you can't say when to start that cycle. So I manually had to wait until 3:30pm and then activated it. So now it has the latest weather info as soon as I wake up, and as I'm getting ready to head home, it shows me the latest forcast for the next day. :D

Islanti
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Fizz has stated that NOT popping up during updates is a planned feature for version 2.3, which is going into beta soon.

Sven Johannsen
03-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Well I had it set for four hours. Changed it to 12. Hard to believe I only looked at the phone once every 4 hours, because I swear it is always on the Fizz screen. I'll be looking forward to the update.

Jerry Raia
03-15-2006, 07:46 PM
It is one of my favorite and most used apps.