View Full Version : sp5m vs. kjam

annyksa
03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Can we say that the sp5m and kjam are basically the same machine except one is touch screen and larger? also, does the kjam work with skype voice? :roll:

Sven Johannsen
03-11-2006, 04:39 PM
That's a bit understated. The K-Jam is larger and has a touch screen, yes, but also has a full keyboard. The larger factor also comes with a significantly larger screen (though both are QVGA). The K-Jam runs the PPCPE flaver of WM5 and the SP5 runs the Smartphone version. Though the basic OS is the same, the included apps differ. There is no Pocket Word, Excel, Powerpoint on the Smartphone. Not sure if there is even any third party option to provide any more than viewing capabilities for those file on the SP.

The difference is really how you use devices. If you are a heavy phone user, talking, SMS, that sort of thing, and you would like some extra PIM and additional capability, then the SP is your thing. If you tend to carry a PDA, PPC or otherwise, for it's capabilities, and would rather not also carry a phone, then the PPCPE is for you.

Mike Temporale
03-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I would agree with what Sven said. As for Skype, there is a PPC version, I don't know that it supports full VoIP to external clients (i think that's what Skype Voice refers to).

annyksa
03-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi, i wonder how the kjam battery stacks up to the sp5m? the sp5m battery is very fine-i might charge it daily but that is cause i like it full all the time since i use the net on it, but it might last 2 days with normal useage if i don;t charge, my ipaq battery is horrrrrible, u can see the meter running! i wonder if the kjam is similar since its a pda?