View Full Version : Insurance for 2125?

Guero_con_taco
03-09-2006, 03:29 AM
I have a cingular 2125 and I can't get them to insure it for me. Well, when I bought it the guy wouldn't because it's a PDA style phone or whatever. Then I went to the mall and some kid gave it to me but I felt uneasy about paying the monthly charge if they wouldn't cover it in the end so I called and they said that he was wrong and I can't have insurance for it. Does anybody know somewhere i can get insurance for this?
Thanks

Mike Temporale
03-09-2006, 05:04 AM
This is a common issue with Smartphones. The carriers seem to treat it as a PDA and thus won't cover it. There are some 3rd party insurance places on the net. But I don't know how good they are, or if it's worth the money or not.

Jerry Raia
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I've never gotten insurance for any device. Never lost one either. If I did it would just be an excuse (like I need one) to get something new. :mrgreen:

Rocco Augusto
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
rule of thumb. if the phone's retail price (not activation price) is over $300.00USD then they will not insure the device. If you have insurance on the device the insurance company might work something out to you as a one time courtesy.

jimfee
03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, I had a similar situation with an MPX220 in 2004/2005.

If they put the phone on the plan, that’s their fault for not training their kiosk/reseller service agent. Now it's a contract and you should hold up your end by paying the monthly $3.99 and expect them to hold up their end and replace the phone in the case of an accident.

Also if the retail price comes down, it will be added to the list of "insurable" devices.

8)

Guero_con_taco
03-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks Guys,
I was gonna leave it on there but then again, I have been screwed by these companies before. I think I will keep an eye on the price and see if it comes down soon.

xultar
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Mine is covered. It is clearly more phone than PDA. You'll have to educate the CSR but you can get coverage. Just tell them this..

8125=PDA
2125=phone

Repeat about 10 times. Then ask to be transferred to a manager rinse and repeat and you'll get it.

Jerry Raia
03-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Mine is covered. It is clearly more phone than PDA. You'll have to educate the CSR but you can get coverage. Just tell them this..

8125=PDA
2125=phone

Repeat about 10 times. Then ask to be transferred to a manager rinse and repeat and you'll get it.

:lol: