View Full Version : Problem with contacts and SMS

cooleaf
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I used to have a S60 mobile and one of its great features is: it could store contacts and SMS on the storage card, and we could do this without any third-party apps. Well, now I am using a WM5 system which is quite unstable (I install new apps and test them all the time 8) ). When the system crashs, I have to re-flash my mobile and syn my contacts back. OK, this is fine because I still have backup in my Outlook. But how about my SMS? They are in mobile memory and once I flash the mobile, they are gone. :(

For sure we could achieve this by resetting values in the registry, but that's really risk I have to say. 8O

I do think Micro$oft should have packed this as a system feature. I have to admit, when comes to this function, I kinda start to miss my Nokia S60 phone.

BTW: the contact search function on WM is way cool~~~ far ahead of S60 systems. :wink:

Jerry Raia
03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Take a look at this:

http://www.jeyo.com/extender.asp

I swear by it. It allows you to keep all your SMS on Outlook.

cooleaf
03-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Thanks! Though it is not a store-on-card solution, it is a good problem-solving solution :D

Jerry Raia
03-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Yeah I know it's not exactly what you wanted. It's the best thing around that I know of though.

cooleaf
03-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Well, cannt be more grateful. :D This is even better than wat I wanted because PC storage seems to be much safer than mini SD.

Jerry Raia
03-03-2006, 02:35 AM
PC storage seems to be much safer than mini SD.

No question about that! :wink: