View Full Version : VITO AudioNotes for Windows Mobile Smartphones

Jerry Raia
03-01-2006, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Jan/bpd20060228035009.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2006Jan/bpd20060228035009.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"VITO Technology develops some useful utilities for mobile devices, and its latest product allows you to turn your Windows Mobile Smartphone into a digital voice recorder. VITO AudioNotes is now available for WM Smartphone and Pocket PC devices. The application records notes and phone calls in MP3 and WAV formats and allows you to store them on a storage card or in main memory."</i><br /><br />One of the features I use often on my phone is voice notes. VITO looks like it has expanded on the rudimentary version that comes on a Smartphone. You can check it out <a href="http://vitotechnology.com/en/products/audionotes_smartphone.html">here.</a> Voice notes are great when you are in the car. Instead of struggling to write or type while going 85 MPH you can just make a voice note. This frees you up to play with your GPS and CD player and eat while you go 85 MPH. :lol:

Konstantin
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
It'd be great to hear the comments and wishes for the next update from VITO AudioNotes users. There was a suggestion at the pocketpcthoughts forum about sending recorded notes via e-mail right from AudioNotes. What do you think about it?

Mike Temporale
03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
It'd be great to hear the comments and wishes for the next update from VITO AudioNotes users. There was a suggestion at the pocketpcthoughts forum about sending recorded notes via e-mail right from AudioNotes. What do you think about it?

That would be a cool feature. :D

Islanti
03-14-2006, 07:39 PM
A few ideas: Option to automatically record every call. Set a max amount of the storage card for phone call recordings. Roll over recorded calls automatically, creating a log of your last xx hours of phone calls. Call this the "Nixon" option. :D Option to replace default voice recorder link with AudioNotes. Allow 1-touch voice note recording with icon (allows voice tag / speed dial).

Konstantin
03-16-2006, 09:57 AM
A few ideas: Option to automatically record every call. Set a max amount of the storage card for phone call recordings. Roll over recorded calls automatically, creating a log of your last xx hours of phone calls. Call this the "Nixon" option. :D Option to replace default voice recorder link with AudioNotes. Allow 1-touch voice note recording with icon (allows voice tag / speed dial).

1,2,4 are good ones. We already have automatic calls recording in our plans for the next upgrade. Don't quite get the 3 and 5th ideas. :?:

Islanti
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Option to automatically record every call. Set a max amount of the storage card for phone call recordings. Roll over recorded calls automatically, creating a log of your last xx hours of phone calls. Call this the "Nixon" option. :D Option to replace default voice recorder link with AudioNotes. Allow 1-touch voice note recording with icon (allows voice tag / speed dial).
1,2,4 are good ones. We already have automatic calls recording in our plans for the next upgrade. Don't quite get the 3 and 5th ideas. :?:
3- Record every phone call by default. Allow the user to set an amount of storage to use or the number of calls to keep. When the limit is hit, the oldest file is deleted and a new one created. This would provide an archive of your last 10 calls (or last 64MB of calls). That way if you got a call, but forgot to record it, you'd always have a copy. Also nice for those calls you don't know you need to record until it's too late. :)
5- This is similar to #4. Right now to record I have to hit AudioNotes then Record. It would be nice if you had a shortcut that would start AudioNotes and begin recording immediately. Then we could assign a voice tag to that icon (say "Record this" in BT headset), or a speed dial button (press and hold 7 to start recording).

Konstantin
03-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Great ideas! Thank for clearing it out.

Konstantin
04-20-2006, 09:26 AM
We've recently updated VITO AudioNotes to v1.1 and have added some of the recommended features: calls auto recording and append option to record to the same file after you stopped it.
Current users can update for free.

andylaurence
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
We've recently updated VITO AudioNotes to v1.1 and have added some of the recommended features: calls auto recording and append option to record to the same file after you stopped it.
Current users can update for free.

I've just downloaded the free trial to try this auto-recording feature out. I looked through the menus and found nothing about it, and I've tried a test call. Is it only available in the paid-for version? I thought the trial would be fully-functioning, but time-limited as most are.

Cheers,
Andy

ARW
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Purchased Audio Notes as it seemed a pretty good program in the trial that I did with that. Now I'm wondering if it's all that wonderful. It seems the program has a fairly serious bug in it. On my SP5m after the phone has gone to sleep (or standby or whatever) with Audio Notes running as well as anything else, when I go to use any data functions I get a message that remote connection has been terminated. The only way to get data connectivity back is to use task manager to close all programs and then relaunch everything.

The other problem is that about 50% of the time when I launch Audio Notes I get an error message and am asked if I want to send the information to Msft. After accepting or declining the offer Audio Notes is then running.

A pretty big bug in my book and I'm not sure the ability to automatically record call is worth the inconvenience of having to quit and reload all my commonly used apps every time I want a data connection.

Anyone else having similar exeriences?

Konstantin
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
ARW, can you please describe your problem in detail at the forum on our web site?