View Full Version : T-Mobile SDA internet (GPRS) problems

tofergregg
02-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi there,

I thought I'd pass this on. I bought a T-Mobile SDA last week, and I've been enjoying it, despite the fact that it doesn't play too nicely with my macintosh. I did get it connected as a Bluetooth modem, which was excellent.

However, there is one problem with GPRS internet access that T-Mobile is aware of but doesn't have a fix for. If I connect to the internet via GPRS, and then disconnect (to take a call, use another phone function, etc.), I can't reconnect to the internet without turning off/on the phone. It's kind of a pain. Even switching between IE and the MSN Mobile (i.e., Hotmail) will cause errors, and if I want to use one or the other, I have to restart the phone.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass it on, and if anyone does happen to know of a fix, great. Cheers!

-Tofer

Mike Temporale
02-23-2006, 02:58 AM
That's a pretty serious bug. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. At least not yet. These are still pretty new. Hopefully they'll have an update out soon. :?

tofergregg
02-23-2006, 04:35 AM
That's a pretty serious bug. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. At least not yet. These are still pretty new. Hopefully they'll have an update out soon. :?

Well, the T-Mobile support personnel I talked to said they have done a "Combined Trouble Ticket" on the internet problems people have been having, so I imagine I'm not the only one. I wouldn't mind if it was just my phone, as getting a replacement would be fairly painless. If it is a network/phone issue, I also hope there is a quick fix!

-Tofer

Phonefunatic
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Haven't noticed that one yet. However, I have never been able to use the built in IM Yahoo instant messenger program. Keep getting error message after it tries to get my contact list "communication error. Please try again or check your settings". After a couple of phone calls and about 3 hours total trouble shooting time over the phone I finally got someone who said it is a known problem and should be resolved soon. Gave me 100 extra minutes for inconvenience.