View Full Version : c600 scroll bar fault HELP

moonshot
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I have what seems to be a fault with the contacts on my c600. If you have a c600 can you please check your phone to see if it is a software fault. I have contacted Orange but they are not able to help, they seem to think its down to Microsoft to resolve it.

Go to contacts, pick a contact (one that you have added some information to in the notes section), now scroll down. My c600 will not scroll past the notes field. If I press the joy stick, this takes me to the edit section, I can see the rest of the contact information now, but at the risk of deleting it.
This did not happen with my c500 or c550.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Temporale
02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Sorry, I don't think I understand your problem. The notes field is one of the last fields in the view state, and it doesn't show the full text. I don't think it did on 2003 either. As far as I know, this behaviour hasn't changed. Perhaps you can give an example with data to help me better understand the problem.

moonshot
02-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply.

The best way to explain....Pick a contact in your phone with a lot of information, (mobile number, home number, address, birthday etc). including say 10 + lines of info. in the note field.

Now, when I scroll down a contacts like that, the scroll bar will not go all the way to the bottom, (it sticks near the note section) so I am not able to see all the information that I have inputted. Unless I go into the edit screen.

I have just had a replacement c600 arrive this morning and it is the same. My c550 did not do this. Orange are telling me it is because it is wm5. But what is the point of being able to imput a lot of date if you can`t read it when it`s needed?

I look forward to your reply.

LHBALESJR
03-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Until you mentioned using the edit screen, I thought that it my phone was unable to receive the entire notes screen. A also keep a lot of info in my notes screen and I went to the edit screen and its all there. Why would they do it this way. On my Axim X50v WM2003 SE, you see the full notes screen without going into the edit option. I would never edit my contacts notes on my phone and I would also worry about accidently messing something up. I don't know the solution is, but would also be interested if someone figures it out.

moonshot
03-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I have now contacted Orange and they have told me that they know about this and that it is a fault, but they have no plans to resolve it. If I am not able to live with it then I should take me phone back as it was with in the 14 days refund period.
The only other way that I know of viewing the notes without going into edit is to use smartphone find, find the contact and read the note that way....but it is a bit long winded.