View Full Version : Blue Cast

bradkap
02-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this great tool. Works well !

Mike Temporale
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm guessing your talking about this post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10426) from the other day. ;)

Glad you're enjoying it. How is the audio on your headset?

eric
02-28-2006, 03:48 PM
A thank you for the post about BlueCast as well! Actually--a HUGE thanks.

I am totally addicted to Audible books and occasionally listen to music. I also hate wires! I found a workaround with my SMT5600 but after upgrading to the 2125 I lost the ability to listen to books through my BT headset. Going back to wires really xxxx.

Off topic: In Colorado, many of our libraries now offer downloadable books (through Overdrive) which you can play with windows media--works with BlueCast as well.

For voice (Audible), BlueCast seems to work great. A definite negative is that you have to remember to shut the connection off or it retains the active link with your headset (thus using up the batteries much faster). A WM5 solution would definitely be nicer.

For me it was well worth the money. Being wireless again is great (after a BT HP6315 <awful phone> to the SMT5600 to the 2125 I hated feeling like I had downgraded in regards to BT).

Finally--a few oddities when switching to incoming call but for me not terrible and not concerning enough to troubleshoot.