View Full Version : Outlook E-mail Signatures

bradkap
02-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Can anyone instruct me as to how to expand my signature on e-mails to more than one line ? It seems that there is no way to start a new line when entering a signature. Is there a way or is there a way to enter it when conected to the desktop via ActiveSync ?

Thanks,

Brad

Mike Temporale
02-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Press the action key (press the joystick in) for enter while typing your signature on the phone. :D

bradkap
02-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Mike thanks, that took care of it. Funny, I could not find any documentation on it.

Mike Temporale
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I've been stuck on that too. So I know how you feel. I remember hitting every possible key until I found out that it was Action that I needed. Oddly, I don't see many questions on it, so I wonder how many people use Sigs on their device?

bradkap
02-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Mike:

The Smartphone came with a disk with software on it and links to additional software. One of the links was to MS Voice Command. I have used it on a Pocket PC Phione (XV 6700) I could not stand the devise, but the Voice Command software was useful. Any idea how to get it to work on the Smartphone ? The voice tags are just not the same thing.

Brad

Mike Temporale
02-17-2006, 02:24 AM
It came with Voice Command? Something isn't right there. Voice Command doesn't work on the Smartphone. What phone is it, and where did you get the phone from? I haven't seen anyone getting that before.

bradkap
02-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Sorry for not being clearer. the link to the ms site only was on the disk. the site said it was not compatible. why is it on the disk?

Mike Temporale
02-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Well, Windows Mobile covers both Smartphones and Pocket PCs. Oh, and Automotive too. So, the link is correct. It's the site that isn't clear about the different sections. :)

gai-jin
03-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Interesting... I noticed this app on my cd, and was planning on installing it tonight. Sure enough, if you click the link, it goes to the voice command web site, which doesn't specifically exclude Smartphone, but doesn't seem to include it in the compatibility list.

This is the CD that came with my 2125 phone. It shows a photo of the phone, it is cingular branded throughout, it includes the modem driver for the phone and Clearvue software on disc, with links to 'download from the web' voice command and pocket msn. The description of voice command on the cd doesn't give any hint that it wouldn't be compatible with this device. Hmm...

Jerry Raia
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm almost certain I've read someplace that people have gotten Voice Command to work on their Smartphone.

ditch_azeroth
04-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Mike thanks, that took care of it. Funny, I could not find any documentation on it.

my sentiments exactly... i needed to do this <enter> thing when doing registry tweaks... and discovered it accidentally... :roll: