View Full Version : can't install programs on new 2125...

mbranscum
02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Just bought a new 2125. Popped in my 1 gig card (still have some old stuff from the SMT5600. Tried to insall Opera and Papyrus. Looks like it's installing and even get the progress bar on phone screen but then phone says install was unsuccessful. Also when I copy the .cab file to the phone and try a direct install it says installation unsuccessful.

Any suggestions???

Also...can I format the mem card from the phone???

Rocco Augusto
02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
2125 is application locked so unless the programs you are trying to install have a verified certificate with them you most likely wont be able to install them on your phone.

mbranscum
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
2125 is application locked so unless the programs you are trying to install have a verified certificate with them you most likely wont be able to install them on your phone.

OK...since I know people are running Opera- papyrus and the like on their phones... how do you get around this?

Mike Temporale
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
The 2125 is application locked? Not to the level that you can't install Papyrus - is it?

If you're not fast enough during the install, the screen will time out and say it failed. I think you have 20 seconds or so before it times out. So try and catch the prompts on your Smartphone as quickly as possible.

Jerry Raia
02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
The first thing I did was unlock mine. I'm not sure now which applications would have needed that or not at this point.

mbranscum
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I reformatted my miniSD card and now all is fine with the hump phone!

Rocco Augusto
02-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I reformatted my miniSD card and now all is fine with the hump phone!

awesome! sorry i couldnt be more help :D

ParrotSquawk
02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
The first thing I did was unlock mine. I'm not sure now which applications would have needed that or not at this point.

Why and how would you unlock it?

sullivanpt
02-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Just to add a similar note: when I initially tried to install applications on my "new" phone using an existing mini-SD card with those same applications already "installed" from the old phone, I also had problems on the first install attempt, but it worked on the second attempt.

Based on your experience, I'd recommend deleting the install directories from old installs before trying a new install -- of course, a reformat does this :-)