View Full Version : ignoring calls

chrishall
02-09-2006, 05:09 AM
i just purchased the HTC Cingular 2125 and so far i' happy with it except for 1 issue that i have not found a fix for. whenever i receive a call and go to remove the phone from the case, i seem to always hit the "Ignore" softkey which causes the caller to go to vm.
85% of the calls that i've received with this phone while it was in my case this has happened.
i would like to reprogram this button to just "Silence" the phone and let me continue to answer the call...

thanks
Chris

Mike Temporale
02-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Pressing the volume button while the phone is ringing will silence the ringer. But that's not really the answer you're looking for. ;)

Couple things, is your keypad locked while it's in the case? This won't do much to prevent the dismiss button, but it's worth mentioning.

Also, how is the phone placed in your case? I'm assuming your talking about the standard belt case that came with the phone. I always put the screen out and the keypad towards the back. When you go to remove the phone, gently press through the holes on the bottom and let the phone lift out and catch it in your hand.

This is what I do. It's not a remapping solution, but I haven't accidently pushed the dismiss button in a while. ;)

Sven Johannsen
02-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I always put the screen out and the keypad towards the back.
Interesting. Why wouldn't you put the screen towards you? I figured that would protect it better. (That's how I have mine.)

Mike Temporale
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
I always put the screen out and the keypad towards the back.
Interesting. Why wouldn't you put the screen towards you? I figured that would protect it better. (That's how I have mine.)

Just my OCD. ;)

Actually, I find that the keys out, allows me to remove the phone easier and without fear of pressing a key accidently. Just the way it works in my hand I guess. :D

chrishall
02-10-2006, 02:17 AM
it happened again today... i didn't even get a chance to touch the phone before it ignored the call... i guess i'll have to return this phone ang get something else.
what would be a good phone to replace this one with, the HP iPAQ hw6515?
Cingular doesn't have much of a selection of smart phones...

Mike Temporale
02-10-2006, 02:25 AM
it happened again today... i didn't even get a chance to touch the phone before it ignored the call...

That could be the caller hanging up too. If they call and hangup just as your phone starts to ring, it will show as a missed call.

chrishall
02-10-2006, 02:31 AM
That could be the caller hanging up too. If they call and hangup just as your phone starts to ring, it will show as a missed call.

that's what i thought at first, but i've been asking people who call me if it went to vm or did they hang up...

stumpy
02-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I had that problem too in the beginning. But as Mike said now I have the screen outside and never miss a call. I'm also using the case that came from my Audiovox too so not sure if that make a difference.

Mike Temporale
02-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm also using the case that came from my Audiovox too so not sure if that make a difference.

I'm sure it does. The one that came with these phones sucks. :evil:

Rocco Augusto
02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE RETURNING YOUR DEVICE!

are you power cycling your phone often? i have found with my phone, and every person i know with a smartphone that if you dont power cycle your phone at least twice a week you will encounter a problem like this. You'll hear the phone ring for a couple seconds and then the call is pushed through to voicemail.

this seems to be a problem with memory being hogged up by the system. during this time it takes longer for your phone to activate your ring tone and by the time it does start playing the ringtone the call as already hit the maximum numbers of rings before it redirects to voicemail.

to check if this is your problem leave the phone out of its case and have someone give you a couple calls throughout the day periodically. if you see the light on your screen light up and it takes about 5-10 seconds for the ringtone to start then this is most likely your problem.

also incase you do power cyccle your phone often check to make sure you arent storing your ringtones on the memory card. miniSD is a little slow at times (depending on the company that created the card) and it can take a second to access the ringtone on the card causing you to miss valuable notification time.

hopefully this little tidbit of information helps you out.

-opti-